24p Standard Definition upres??

Posted by Rich Luciani 
24p Standard Definition upres??
January 31, 2007 05:19PM
We would like to master our show in High Def but just found out that we should have shot in 24p advanced in stead of normal 24p. How do we up res to HD and still keep the best quality with or normal 24p footage? We made an HD test quicktime file and took it to a professional house but could not get rid of the interlacing effect on 2 of every 5 frames. They do not deal much with FCP and were not any help. Are we screwed? What should we do now?

Thanks
Re: 24p Standard Definition upres??
January 31, 2007 05:25PM
Output to DVCAM, take that DVCAM to a post facility or dub facility that has a TERRANEX box. Upconvert to HD using that.

VERY good results. We did that when we upconverted DV and VHS to DVCPRO HD on my last History Channel show...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 31, 2007 05:27PM
Thanks. We'll take that step.
Rich
January 31, 2007 06:03PM
But Shane, what about your DVCPRO HD UpRez Compressor tutorial? You had such faith in it....

Time constraints I know, I know, a couple minute test clip took me several hours. Nice to know its there tho
January 31, 2007 06:14PM
Oh, there is that...but it is VERY time consuming. I only recommend it if people have a FEW shots they need to upconvert...not loads of footage that they need to incorporate. I myself used it for maybe 8 shots in my last show...everything else was Terranex'd.

[proapptips.com]

I also have the compressor droplets available for download. DV to DVCPRO HD. Center Extraction, top extraction, bottom extraction.

[homepage.mac.com]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics