recording web video from the web

Posted by Sanjay 
recording web video from the web
February 01, 2007 12:12PM
New client sent a link to a website that has the style/look he wants for the new project. Its a flash video. Is there any way to record this video from the said website so I can look at it frame by frame to discect the edits and effects?
tnx
Sanjay
Re: recording web video from the web
February 01, 2007 12:19PM
This is going to sound neanderthal, but I think you'll get the best and easiest reference file by pointing a camera at the screen and pushing "record".
February 01, 2007 12:24PM
I'll give it "shot", as it were! I'm feelin particularly neanderthal today, eyebrows falling down over my blurry red eyeballs,,,yes, neanderthal it is!!! tnx!
February 01, 2007 12:29PM
Better way to do it is to use Ambrosia's SnapzPro. Screen capture. You can choose a codec, a frame rate, and the image will be much clearer than if you just pointed a camera at the screen.

www.derekmok.com
February 01, 2007 12:41PM
If you have a PC and use Firefox you can download an extension called Ook? Video Ook! that can download .flv videos from websites. Riva encoder can transcode them.

Alternately, there's a tutorial on YouTube for downloading these videos that refers to a website that does media conversion as it downloads. Sorry, i don't recall the name, but do a search at YouTube for it.

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics