Exporting an FLV with FCP 5.1.2

Posted by SarahFefer 
Exporting an FLV with FCP 5.1.2
February 13, 2007 03:40PM
The latest version cannot export to FLV, instead I found shareware that does but I don't know how to use it. Any advice please? This is what I've done so far and what I'm using it for.

1) I have 12 min. and 25min. movies that I'm formatting for the web. I downloaded ffmegpx.com [ffmegpx.com] 's encoder which converts to Flash, but I have no idea what settings I should configure it to. I started with audio and set from stereo to Mono, that's all I knew. In the video tab, under Video parameters
I changed Framrate to NTSC (29.97), video size to 320 by 240, autosize to 4:3
under Bitrate calculator
I clicked best which made it 516 kbit/s the Video Bitrate (what is that?) input 14min as my movie is 13min:08sec long, but not sure if this is even relevant in this box, and 20MB in the MB box, as that is my desired file size, but again not sure if it's relavent to this box.
The encoding failed.

2) What should my desired file size be and how long would it take to download on a high-speed internet connection? I have 2 movies lengths that I'm putting on the web 10-12min., and 20-25min. I tried using a download time calculator online, but for some reason it was inaccurate.

Thank you! Deadline's Thursday night to get these movies up on the web, so your attention is greatly appreciated!

Sarah Fefer
Re: Exporting an FLV with FCP 5.1.2
February 13, 2007 04:58PM
cant get the page to that software to load...
February 13, 2007 05:48PM
sara, i installed all that ffmpeg crap and every flv it exports, processes immediately and results in a zero k file. i'd say overall its a really bad flv exporter (it may do some other handy things, but for this, its pretty much ass)

i would HIGHLY suggest you get one of the retail encoders like the ones from on2. if you get that. ill send you some of my presets.

but another question. do you know how do deploy an FLV, its not just a matter of dropping it on a server...

BTW the link you gave doesnt work because you mistyped the link - MPEG, not MEGP...
February 13, 2007 09:44PM
try this tutorial
[www.jakeludington.com]
February 14, 2007 02:30PM
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your response and advice. I followed the tutorial, several times, and yet the file encoded was empty. In the info. it said zeroKB. I'm not sure what's happening.
Any idea?

Thanks
Sarah
February 14, 2007 04:29PM
again, get on2's cheapest little exporter ($39) and cut your losses trying to make wonky shareware work...
February 14, 2007 04:38PM
why don't you upload it to iFilm or youTube, let them do the encode, then download it and remove the file from their site? cheapest way i can think of to get an flv encoded file.

alternatively, if you have access to a PC you can try the free Riva encoder. also, there are a couple of websites that do the encode, by uploading the file, then the file automatically comes back as whatever format you specified. you'll have to search, i don't recall the urls.

good luck,

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics