panasonic p2 card adapter for new 17 inch mac book pro?

Posted by rjoe11 
panasonic p2 card adapter for new 17 inch mac book pro?
February 16, 2007 12:00PM
is there an adapter of some sort or solution so that I can transfer my P2 cards into FCP on the new Mac book pro computers? These new macbooks don't have the p2 slot like the old powerbooks, it's got that ExpressCard/34 slot now so how can people transfer the p2 footage over? Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
Re: panasonic p2 card adapter for new 17 inch mac book pro?
February 16, 2007 12:09PM
ive been looking at a number of those usb to pcmcia adapters that folks use for wireless cards on pc notebooks. but havent had any proof that they would indeed work...
February 16, 2007 01:08PM
I just use a firewire from my HVX200 camera to my Mac. the workflow is at [manuals.info.apple.com].
if that link doesn't work got to apple.com, support. type late breaking new about FCP5. The manuel should appear. the work flow I was talking about is on page 23.
I hope this helps.
February 16, 2007 01:17PM
thanks for the replies...i think capturing thru firewire will be the solution for now...I guess until a p2 card adaptor or reader is made.
February 16, 2007 02:55PM
This is the one that everyone with P2 transfers to a MacBook Pro is waiting for.

[www.duel-systems.com]
February 16, 2007 03:12PM
John Foley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the one that everyone with P2 transfers to
> a MacBook Pro is waiting for.
>
>
That's pretty sweet. I would probably upgrade to a MacBook Pro when that sucker comes out. One of the main reasons I keep my AL Powerbook around is the ability to load P2 cards during shoots with the HVX...

rjoe, you may want to rent a P2Store during shoots (https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/sales_o/p2/p2store/index.html) especially if tethering the camera via Firewire is impractical. Separating your shooting from the capturing will make for a speedier workflow, as you can keep going while an assistant swaps out and copies cards.

JK

February 16, 2007 03:18PM
John K, yeah i think renting that P2Store for shoots will be the way to do it for now...i hope that dualsystems adapter comes out soon. Thanks all.
February 16, 2007 03:33PM
the whole PCMCIA card issue is a real headache - I understand from HP that their laptops now have only Expresscard slots, not PCMCIA, and won't. HP never supported the 8GB cards anyway.

so we have new cameras that are being made obsolete by the laptops with they are supposed to interface. Panny might have missed the boat here. The next version of P2 to be expresscard?

Progress is wonderful. <yak>

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics