Timecode in Multiclip?

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Timecode in Multiclip?
February 26, 2007 01:00PM
Hey all-

Just wondering if you knew if it's possible to display the timecode for all the clips in multiclip viewer? The timecode overlay seems to be disabled and the timecode in the corner only shows the current clip selected. I have to do lots of cuts based on different clips timecodes and i'd love to see them all at once...maybe this could be a future FCP addition if its not available now??
Re: Timecode in Multiclip?
February 26, 2007 04:56PM
it is available now,
but it's called "Multiclip Overlays"

nick
February 26, 2007 05:15PM
oh thats freakin awesome, thanks so much. I just saw it blanked out and didnt look further down the list...
February 26, 2007 10:33PM
I did some MultiClip work today, and it was SO frustratiing! You would think a Dual 3 Power Mac could help your day go faster.

I couldn't get the archane mouse-scrolling technique to work to sync the 3 clips, so I had to manually type the Start point time in to Timing Info (couldn't even copy/paste)...

Couldn't get it to cut only video (and retain main audio track), so after I was done cutting, I had to bring the audio track back in and had to sync the start...

But, other than that!, it worked.

Wonder what Voodoo dance I didn't do in order for it to do what the manual says...?
February 27, 2007 07:19PM

Couldn't get it to cut only video (and retain main audio track), so after I was done cutting, I had to bring the audio track back in and had to sync the start...

I did some multiclip editing last week and I had the same experience of video and audio cutting together. I unlinked the video and audio by selecting them both in the timeline then pressing Command-L, then when I played through and cut, only the video changed angles.
February 27, 2007 10:31PM
Hey Nick and wplate,
Take a quick read through the manual on multiclips.
The function you are looking for is "multiclip active tracks". That determines which tracks are affected by the multiclip cut/switch buttons.
It's under View.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics