Avid to FCP switcher site

Posted by Shane Ross 
Avid to FCP switcher site
March 14, 2007 09:27PM
LONDON, UK (14 March 2007)
Avid2FCP website launches - unique resource for Avid editors learning Final Cut Pro

Apple's Final Cut Pro has made significant strides over the past few years to the point where it is a direct competitor to the long established systems from Avid Technology. A growing number of professional editors have added FCP to their skill set or switched completely and while there are numerous sites for FCP, none are aimed specifically at the Avid editor.

Avid2FCP (http://www.avid2fcp.com) aims to change that. The main focus of the site is a forum where industry experts Martin Baker, Jude Cotter, Victoria Parks-Murphy, Mark Raudonis and Shane Ross will be on hand to help with editors' questions as they learn FCP.

The Articles section of the site will provide tips, tricks and introduction to FCP features. 'Myths and Misconceptions' and 'What we like about FCP' are two of the articles already available.

Switcher Stories is expected to be a highly popular part of the site. These personal articles from a wide variety of editors provide a fascinating insight into their journey towards FCP.

"As one of the pioneers in switching a large scale operation over to FCP and Xsan, I receive a lot of calls asking about how we did it, if it worked and if we're happy. Avid2FCP will be an invaluable resource for Avid editors learning FCP and I'm thrilled to be a part of the team." - Mark Raudonis, VP Post Production, Bunim-Murray Productions

To coincide with the launch of the site, Avid2FCP is seeking editors who are about to start learning FCP and would be willing to share their progress in regular blog posts. Closing date for submissions is Friday 6 April.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: Avid to FCP switcher site
March 15, 2007 12:09AM
good job. like everything but the animated icons in the forum ... reminds me too much of the Canopus forums.
March 15, 2007 06:15AM
Nice!

Bookmarked.
March 15, 2007 11:56AM
Excellent work - will be forwarding to the BBC so the old Avid whiners can move forward...

BEn

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 15, 2007 01:56PM
Wish this had been there a few years ago! I am still going to give it a good peruse, as there are some avid functions I miss, though I am a happy convert!

Marla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics