Intermittant Title Safe

Posted by GlennC 
Intermittant Title Safe
March 15, 2007 03:33AM
I'm running FCP v5.0.4 on a PowerMac dual 2Ghz desktop with 4.5 Gigs of RAM. Could someone please tell me why Title Safe sometimes appears and other times doesn't. I've got Title Safe selected in the View menu as well as in the pull down menu. I'm working in SD and I mostly keep Title Safe on but recently whenever I launch FCP, sometimes it will appear and other times, not. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Re: Intermittant Title Safe
March 15, 2007 07:38AM
I believe TItle Safe also needs Overlays turned on to be visible.

Koz
March 17, 2007 10:22PM
Koz,

You are right, "Show Overlays" must be on in order to see "Title Safe." I neglected to mention that the intermittant problem occurs even with Show Overlays on. For example, I'm cutting today and Title Safe is on, tomorrow who knows. Thanks for your reply.

Glenn
March 17, 2007 11:09PM
The Title Safe option is sequence dependant - that is - you can have it on in one sequence and off in another within the same project. Possibly what you are seeing is some sequences that have it turned on and others that have it turned off, so that it seems like it's a bit random, because as far as you're concerned, you've turned it on for the project?

March 17, 2007 11:20PM
> The Title Safe option is sequence dependant - that is - you can have it on in one sequence
> and off in another within the same project. Possibly what you are seeing is some sequences
> that have it turned on and others that have it turned off

Possible, Jude, but I don't think that's it. I've been seeing this bug at an office machine a lot. Up to half a dozen times per session, using the same sequences throughout the day, Show Overlays would turn itself off for no reason at all. I know it's not a sequence-dependent issue because I never leave Title Safe off. I've dumped preferences many times while this is happening and that doesn't fix it. But my home station never has this problem. I'm thinking something wrong with some system file related to FCP that isn't included in the usual preferences.

www.derekmok.com
March 18, 2007 05:32PM
Yeah, Derek. I've tried trashing preferences as well and that doesn't seem to work for me either.
March 18, 2007 09:34PM
>>Up to half a dozen times per session<<

Oh, ok. That's just wierd. Never seen that before. I'd say there's something wrong. Which is obviously not that helpful... If it bugs you enough and trashing prefs hasn't helped, I guess a re-install is called for.

March 24, 2007 12:13PM
Makes Sense Jude. I'll have to re-install after my project. Thanks to all.
May 10, 2007 03:08PM
Ok, I'm stumped! The last time I submitted this post was in March and I still have not found a solution. I've tried everything from trashing receipts and preferences to performing a re-install of FCP. Nothing works! Funny thing though, I loaded FCP 5.0 on my PowerBook G4 laptop, just to see what would happen and Title Safe functions fine. But on my desktop, nothing doing. The only difference I can see is that I'm running OSX v.10.4.8 on my laptop and 10.4.9 on my desktop. Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

GlennC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics