Mortis vibration

Posted by Mark19 
Mortis vibration
March 21, 2007 12:53AM
Hey lafcpugers (now that's a nerdism if I ever heard one),

I am working on nomination packages for an upcoming award show. I have finished the first one to send off for approval, sound design and everything is cut. When I play the seq back it vibrates/shakes a little, enough to be bothersome. Is it a composite mode thing?

I played the mortis by itself and no shaking. It shakes both in the timeline and in the exported QT file.

any thoughts?

md
Re: Mortis vibration
March 21, 2007 08:25AM
Oh - I've been trying to think of that word for weeks. Mortis. Thank you.

Does the whole picture shake, or just the graphic? Is everything broadcast safe - luminance and chroma?

March 21, 2007 10:18AM
the video is stable, it's the graphic mortis around it, and it seems as though its the edges of elemments in the mortis and the the typrface that are vibrating/shaking.

I looks like it's going from pixel 1 to pixel 2 back and forth.

Going to nest it and put the broadcast safe filter on it and mess with the whites and see what happens.

I will reply and say that it's fixed if it works.
March 21, 2007 10:29AM
If this is happening on a non-interlaced display, I havfe no idea. If it's on interlaced CRT, then I'll guess you have a fairly noisy pattern in it, where individual pixels are contrasting heavily with their partners in the other field.

If so a slight vertical-only gaussian blur - only on the graphic in question. If it's at scale then maybe .1-.3; heavier if it's being scaled down.

If it's throughout the program, perhaps better to take that element out to the source or to PhotoShop and do the blur there.

Unless of course it's Something Completely Different.
March 21, 2007 10:29AM
I tried the broacast safe filter as well as 3-way color corrector it everything just gets darker, the shaking is not affected.

Going over to the graphic house that made it, as soon as they are in. It's so strange, it didn't do this with earlier versions of the gfx, and the gfx play fine on their own, it's definately the video.

Thank you for responding Jude!
March 21, 2007 10:31AM
cool, trying blur now...

thanks!
March 21, 2007 10:32AM
Also try the Flicker options in the De-Interlace filter under Video Filters - Video.

www.derekmok.com
March 21, 2007 10:39AM
The flicker filter was the closest so far, i just doubled it up and it's better for sure! Call me crazy, i may just put a third one in there.

thank you Derek!
March 21, 2007 10:42AM
Third one revealed that I am defnately losing focus on the text, they are blurring as I added the third flicker filter (set at max.)

I know it is hard to come up with stuff when you guys can't see it, so for that i am very grateful.

md
March 21, 2007 10:52AM
> Third one revealed that I am defnately losing focus on the text, they are blurring as I added
> the third flicker filter (set at max.)

Probably, but make sure you render the thing before watching it. Even an external broadcast monitor isn't accurate for graphic quality if you're looking at real-time rendering.

www.derekmok.com
March 21, 2007 10:57AM
rendered it, I can never watch unrendered stuff, it bugs me for some reason.

-md
March 21, 2007 11:59AM
Was the text created in FCP or in another graphics application?
March 21, 2007 12:02PM
everything graphic wise was created in AE and the text is married to the mortis.
March 21, 2007 05:33PM
It's spelled "mortise". It's a term from old block printing.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
March 21, 2007 09:32PM
nice, thank you Kevin!

I wrote a new post above, the problem was solved and I explain there. sorry I didn't put it here earlier.

Basically I adjusted the speed on the mortise to fit the length of my clip, it didn't like that.
March 22, 2007 03:03AM
Mortise? That's a media turtle.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Set a multi-parameter Motion FX Keyframe with Control K !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
March 22, 2007 09:45AM
From thefreedictionary.com:

1. mortise - a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint.
mortice hole - an opening deliberately made in or through something
mortise-and-tenon joint, mortise joint - a joint made by inserting tenon on one piece into mortise holes in the other

I think the second one is what we're after!

winking smiley

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics