Importing AAF or EDL?

Posted by sdelahoyde 
Importing AAF or EDL?
March 30, 2007 04:48PM
Wondered if maybe there was any advice out there.

I shot a bunch on two HVX200s, in 720pn, then I was syncing the two on a PC in Vegas Video, out in the field. We just moved onto Final Cut here at the office, so I figured all I'd have to do is export an AAF or EDL and there we'd be, ready to go. But Final Cut refuses to open either. It won't even look at an AAF and whenever I try to open an EDL, the program crashes.

Any ideas? I'd really rather not have to sync all this stuff up again. Have had no problems before with this between, say, Avids and Premiere and Vegas. Is this just weird Final Cut thing?
Re: Importing AAF or EDL?
March 31, 2007 10:58PM
what format EDL did you export from Vegas?
March 31, 2007 11:12PM
Will Vegas put out an XML?

- Justin Barham -
April 02, 2007 09:58AM
As far as I know, it's just a standard EDL file. It doesn't really give much more info than that. I rendered out one from Final Cut, just to see what the differences were, and it's a much cleaner, clearer EDL, but still, shouldn't Final Cut be able to read it an older source? I'm sure Avids and the like aren't all 100% using whatever this new format is.

And no, you can't kick out an XML file. Just an EDL, a standard AAF, or an Avid-based AAF.

Figure, what I'll ultimately wind up doing is just rendering out the two sync'd cameras as two different files, then just import them that way. It's a hassle, but at least I won't have to sync up everything again in Final Cut.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics