OT: for Koz - Human Vision, 1080p, and All That Jazz

Posted by bdplaid 
OT: for Koz - Human Vision, 1080p, and All That Jazz
April 10, 2007 02:39PM
I read a blurb by John Martellaro that reminded me of Koz and thought I'd pass it along. Food for thought in production.

"It may be questionable whether one can actually perceive the difference between a 720p and 1080p display at typical TV viewing distances, according to Audioholics. "

http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/31018

HarryD
Re: OT: for Koz - Human Vision, 1080p, and All That Jazz
April 10, 2007 04:03PM
Confirmed by no less an authority than Jim DeFillipis over at Fox HiDef Laboratory on The Lot.

It was one of the ideas that determined that most of the Fox stuff--at least at the beginning--was going to be 720.

Although I'm technically watching "HiDef" television off-air, I'm doing it on a 20" glass computer monitor. You could fool me pretty easily. I do enjoy not having ghosts or snow and the velvety smoothness of the pictures, but I do not enjoy the occasio....................nal dropout.

I'm just now getting over being fascinated by getting closer and closer to the monitor and the picture just keeps getting sharper and sharper.

Koz
April 10, 2007 05:28PM
I guess it depends on the size of your screen tongue sticking out smiley

Truely - size does matter...

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
April 12, 2007 05:12AM
Yeah read that linked from Slashdot.

Garbage article. Garbage theory. Garbage comments on /.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics