4 by 3 - the Canvas window - Beta SP projection...??

Posted by Phil 
4 by 3 - the Canvas window - Beta SP projection...??
April 17, 2007 05:27AM
This is a 4 by 3 edit to be used at a conference using a beta sp projector - however the film itself has been digi beta, DVD, HDV and DV and I had to blow up certain clips beyond the safe area of the canvas: does anyone know if a Beta sp projector project frames beyond the size of the canvas (a 16:9 FHA frame fits FCPs canvas perfectly...I hope this makes sense..cheers
Re: 4 by 3 - the Canvas window - Beta SP projection...??
April 17, 2007 11:17AM
I'm not sure if I'm completely answering your exact question- but the Canvas sees well beyond "normal" framing. It includes what some refer to as "TV transmitted" which is beyond TV action safe boundaries. We generally do not want to see all the way to the edges of the Canvas on any final projection- optimal framing is to Action Safe (the outside lines in the Title Safe overlay). Also, there is no image information beyond what you see in the Canvas- it shows us all "active picture lines". The black on the edges of the frame is blanking- there is nothing beyong it but more blanking. I can't answer what a projector would see- not my area of expertise.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Balis
Lead Final Cut Pro Instructor
www.moviola.com
Re: 4 by 3 - the Canvas window - Beta SP projection...??
April 17, 2007 12:35PM
Cheers mate...I'm sure you are right...if a prjector says 4:3 it should be 4:3 but nothing seems written in stone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics