LA places to get SD upconverted

Posted by infinitechaos 
LA places to get SD upconverted
April 28, 2007 11:30AM
I've never had to do get any footage upconverted, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a facility that can do this for me and what price range should I anticipate?

Thank You,
Infinite Chaos
Re: LA places to get SD upconverted
April 28, 2007 12:33PM
Try Lightning Dubs and Point 360.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 28, 2007 12:53PM
Also "Alpha Dogs" Digital service station.

[www.4alphadogs.com]

They have one in Burbank, Santa Monica, and various other cities. They're set up so that you can either do it yourself (cheaper) or they'll do it for you (more).

mark
April 28, 2007 01:03PM
Thanks guys.

i think I'm still in awe that noone in pre-production thought about this. why would someone shoot in SD with the thought in mind that you'll be delivering an HD show?

baffling.
April 28, 2007 01:56PM
Hey infinitechaos,
A word of advice from someone who has seen more than enough of this kind of "planning".
Get all your communications on paper or email that you can back up. Make sure everyone knows just what it is they're asking you to do and what kind of a decision someone made and how it's likely to affect the production.
Be prepared for the fan to be hit with the s**t and make sure you are covered. I think you said you were the assistant on this gig. Oftentimes blame will fall on the most junior person anyone can find. That is sometimes the assistant.
Keep everyone informed and don't be afraid to speak up when they try to dig a deeper hole but also do the work you're assigned if that's the way they want to do it. Take the money but cover your ass. Take notes. Lots of notes. Keep them dated and organised.
For reference, go see Hot Fuzz for the scene about a cops notebook.
Just go see Hot Fuzz. It's fun.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 28, 2007 02:02PM
AK-

Thanks for the sagacious advice. Luckily, for me and the other assistant who's been coming in at night, we've been taking dilligent notes on our tapes. It sucks because I'm getting this info on a daily basis. Why? Because the production Manager doesn't really know what's going on. So then, next in line is the EP, who is impossible to get ahold of. So, I'm digitizing the footage as the editor adn I discussed and when the time comes for everyone to freak out, i'll have everything noted.
I'm ready for this gig to end smiling smiley

ps, wifey and I are trying to get our orgainic fruits sold next year and were using the name AK Gardens. woot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics