HDV batch capture and copture now

Posted by Pankaj Butalia 
HDV batch capture and copture now
May 12, 2007 01:19PM
Hi ! I've a G4, FCP 5.04, have shot on Sony FX1 in HDV mode on mini dv tapes ... now I can't capture cos whenever I give a batch capture command it splits up the listed footage into individual shots but is unable to capture more than the last one ... gives an option of cancel or continue ... and then just hangs ! I esc ... and find I have only one ten second clip out of a batch of 10-15 minutes I wanted captured.
I've tried capture now ... but that doesn't work. Doing clip by clip will cost me the earth and drive me out of my mind !
I have at least 25% capacity free on the scratch disc ... so it isn't space.
I've captured over twenty hours on HDV in the same project already but that was before I updated various softwares !
Can somebody help, please ? I'm trying to capture from the Sony HDV player.
Have I bungled some setting ?
Thanks.
Pankaj
India
Re: HDV batch capture and copture now
May 12, 2007 01:29PM
Must add that I've just spent two days trying to resolve my general error problem ... finally had to trash all preferences and reload them. Could something have gone wrong here ?
Pankaj
May 13, 2007 11:45AM
25% free doesn't really say how much free space you have. Try capturing using the camera as a deck and see what happens.

If you already have twenty hours captured my first guess would be that your drive is too full.

Good luck!

Kevin
May 13, 2007 12:00PM
I had 74 GB free on a 200 GB hard disk. I have 20 hours already but that is divided on two hard drive. This drive, which I've made the scratch disk for the current capture, has about 50 GB of the film. The rest is on another internal hard drive.
I've finished the current work by laboriously batch capturing shot by shot. That way there is no problem and I can capture as much as I want from a tape in one go. This makes me feel it's not a space issue. The problem is when I attempt to capture a continuous 15 minute section. It breaks the section up into sub-sections, like it did earlier, but doesn't capture anything except the last shot. There is some problem which has to do with an inability to grab shots for which in points and out points are not given.
For the moment, I've finished capturing, by following the labor intensive method of entering each and every shot I wanted, and not going wrong by even one frame, and next time I'll try the camera as you suggest, but what is this problem ?
That's my question ...
Thanks.
Pankaj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics