Stereo tracks in FCP & Sound Soap

Posted by Outdated Mac user 
Stereo tracks in FCP & Sound Soap
May 16, 2007 12:08AM
I now know how to center the dialogue. Now how do I set music and sound effects to stereo in FCP? The music only appears on one FCP audio track. Tracks were done in ProTools, and in some cases, I either created a mono track or I created a stereo track but panned to center. I would eventually like my project to play in theatre. If this happens, won't it sound better to the audience if all sound is centered?

Next question: I am looking for a good noise reducer that can decrackle, hum remove, etc. Sound Soap (not the pro version) is not expensive and looks pretty good. Do you recommend it?
Re: Stereo tracks in FCP & Sound Soap
May 16, 2007 12:13AM
> Now how do I set music and sound effects to stereo in FCP? The music only appears on one
> FCP audio track.

If the music only appears as one track, I suspect one of two things: Either you had accidentally turned off one side of the Source/Destination buttons when you put the clip into the timeline, or your clip is mono. If the music clip is indeed mono, there's no point to doubling it up -- all you'll get is a volume boost, not true stereo. But if you really had to do it, you can stereo-link two music tracks by pressing OPTION-L.

www.derekmok.com
May 16, 2007 12:28AM
<<<Next question: I am looking for a good noise reducer that can decrackle, hum remove, etc. Sound Soap (not the pro version) is not expensive and looks pretty good. Do you recommend it?>>>

No, and not because it doesn't work. It works as well as the one inside SoundTrack Pro which you may already own.

<<<good noise reducer >>>

"I have no show because of noise and distortion, but I have to try and rescue it anyway."

Noise Reduction software, as good as it is, fails to rescue damaged shows well over half of the time. The problem is that by the time you realize you need it, it's too late. We did a SoundTrack Pro noise workup here for somebody. I'll look.

Koz
May 16, 2007 12:31AM
May 17, 2007 07:50PM
SoundSoap 2 is amazing. As suggested try out the noise reduction stuff in Soundtrack Pro and if you feel it's not doing it for you try SoundSoap. It's cheap in the scheme of things and requires almost no time to figure out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics