Need Help to meet Deadline Noon Tuesday

Posted by J.Corbett 
Need Help to meet Deadline Noon Tuesday
May 21, 2007 08:21PM
H E L P

i can not use photoshop well enough to create a dvd cover. the cover i need is 2 sided. I do not know how to set it to set up for a round dvd. i dont even know the sizes.

ojects
6 photos
2 generated boxes
7 text objects 1 with drop shaddow

i have a version already created that i can give to make it simple. i can not tell wheather its the right anything designed the cover in illustrator in about 1hr and i dont know the program all that well. pleeeeeease can somebody help me.
in order to get my dvds back by the 1st of june the art has to be there by tomorrow.

can anyone help me at all.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Need Help to meet Deadline Noon Tuesday
May 21, 2007 09:22PM
If you can be more specific, I can walk you through quite a bit. I'm not sure what you're looking for.

If you're looking for templates -- try these. If you're using an up-and-up printer, they probably have their own templates they want you to use.

I'm an intermediate photoshop guy.. but I find that googling "photoshop tutorial" and then whatever I'm looking for... yields dozens of good results. Then I attack whatever I'm after.

Everything I've learned about photoshop... I've learned on deadline.
May 21, 2007 10:39PM
not sure what you mean by "2 sided" do you mean a piece of paper that inserts into the plastic sleeve of a dvd box and forms a front, back and spine?

and as far as the disc printing goes. just make a 5" square graphic and they will drop it on center of their printer.

if you want to PM me id be happy to lay it out for you or just shoot you a link to my templates
May 22, 2007 12:18AM
i have the cardboard sleeves like the old 45's. it completely conceals the dvd. i just need to be set up with the templates. they sent some pdf's that are not exactly the rite size.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
May 22, 2007 12:20AM
the cover template they sent is 126mm x 126mm. i did make a psd file at that size but on my screen the text looks mosaic on the edges.

i dont know how to set up for the dvd itself.

""""
May 22, 2007 12:26AM
Check to make sure your resolution is 300dpi, not 72dpi.

Image->Image Size->300 pixels/inch
May 22, 2007 03:21AM
what about the edges? i have made a new doc. and i am using one of those templates from the link.
my new doc i just simply created at 126mmx126mm and designed on that. i figure if its at least within one inch they can fit it. i am gonna do the same for the back.

the template i will just fill in the spaces and hope that they fit it. when i view>actual size it seems to be too small but i am hoping they can stretch/squeeze it. i hope they print quality i have had pretty good success with my printing. this would be a bad time for a freak happenstance.

""""
May 22, 2007 03:22AM
it is 300dpi. would 350 or more be better?

""""
May 22, 2007 03:44AM
Good print quality starts at about 220dpi, 300 is glossy magazine quality any above is not really necessary.
May 22, 2007 07:57AM
This software might be perfect for the job.
[www.smileonmymac.com]
It works well for importing and positioning elements. Comes with appropriately sized templates.
May 22, 2007 01:55PM
I agree with Craig. I've been using DiscLabel for a few years now. You can work within the application, or easily import media.

Cameron Young
May 22, 2007 02:29PM
thanks guys i am probly gonna get that program cause photo shop cs is built to annoy. having to apply all of you transforms is for the birds. so is layer select only.

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics