Making Flash movies

Posted by Sprocketz 
Making Flash movies
May 25, 2007 11:14AM
My question.

I have a client who wants a series of short edited video segments, 1-2 min long, to play from their website.

They have specified that they want the finished segments delivered as both full size quicktimes and flash clips.

My understanding is that Compressor doesn't do Flash.

So what would be the best way to do this. Should I do this with Flash Pro 8 or should I purchase another app like Flip4Mac Episode?

I had already planned on purchasing the new Adobe CS3 Design Suite, so I will have Flash CS3.

It's just that I have not output Flash before so I am not sure what is the best path for this.

Thanks for any info!
Re: Making Flash movies
May 25, 2007 11:32AM
If you have Flash 8 Pro or Flash CS3, exporting to FLV becomes an option in your QT Conversion export que. I'm pretty sure you can also download the codec from their site directly as well.

It's a pretty straight forward process once you have the codec, just adjust your settings to what you want and then you get a FLV to go with your MOV...

=S=
May 25, 2007 01:07PM
Thanks Scott, looks like I am purchasing Flash CS3 next week.
May 25, 2007 04:16PM
I was looking for that free encoder on Adobe's site yesterday, with a client who remembered using it, but it seems to be missing. Anybody know if it's still free? And where?

Episode indeed supports all flavors of Flash 8--

FLV_FL8, small medium, large, high quality
SWF_FL_8, same range

and older Flash...

FLV, same range, (downlable file)
FLV, (streaming video and audio formats)
SW_same range.

Haven't tried 'em all, am testing.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 25, 2007 11:26PM
Hi Loren,

It's not quite free ($39.95), but the On2 Flix Standard probably will do what you need.

http://www.on2.com/consumer/flixstandard/

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
May 26, 2007 01:15AM
I have played around with nearly every kind of FLV encoder process out there and all are kind of a pain from a workflow standpoint. Here is a free one that will work for you:
[www.rivavx.com] It does require windows, but should do what you want.

However, with that said, if you were planning to get CS3, i would definitely take the plunge. I am a regular user of CS2 and upgraded the moment CS3 was available due to the need for intel mac native software. The FLV exporter in CS3 is in my opinion one of the gems of the release. If you do video for the web, it will make your life a lot simpler.
May 26, 2007 09:30AM
I'm using Sorenson Squeeze and the On2VP6 codec to output .flv
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics