Record 2+ cameras on one Mac with this application -Yes!

Posted by Peter Wiggins 
Record 2+ cameras on one Mac with this application -Yes!
June 06, 2007 06:00PM
All,

I stumbled upon Capture Magic, an application that lets you record 2+ cameras on one Mac. Yes I said that correctly, one Mac.

It is in beta at the moment so I haven't tried it out, but it looks promising. I fired off a few emails to find out more. Take a read here:-
[peterwiggins.com]

How many times do we get posts here asking this question?? Hopefully this application will live up to its billing, it would be ideal for small churches/organisations/groups/sports etc.

Peter
Re: Record 2+ cameras on one Mac with this application -Yes!
June 06, 2007 06:46PM
oooh, thats cool! Kind of like BlackMagic's On Air. In fact this would be REALLY cool if it added a sort of On Air capability. Turn your Mac into a TV Studio via Firewire. Like the Waveforms, histograms etc too, which On Air doesnt have..

I didn't know you had a blog Peter. I'd subscribe if you had RSS. Dont see it anywhere.

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 06, 2007 06:49PM
Mike,

For you I will sort out RSS smiling smiley

I think that may be a very cool app. Granted, its limited to firewire but I can see it being ideal for churches/organisations etc.

Peter
June 06, 2007 06:55PM
<<<How many times do we get posts here asking this question??>>>

I don't remember ever, but I'm a relatively recent addition. No, wait. There was one poster who wanted to record all three cameras for a band, but I think he wanted to pre-switch a single show.

<<<small churches/organisations/groups/sports>>>

Better quality than surveillance systems, although those guys are getting better and better. We pulled out our ancient tape security system a couple of years ago and put a PVR system in. When our electrical main exploded, we cut the whole thing down to a video show for a meeting.

"Here's the explosion viewed from the roof. Here's the explosion from the loading dock. Here's the explosion scaring the crap out of one of the animators."

Time and control will still be a problem, but if you don't need those, this should be very cool.

Koz
June 06, 2007 07:09PM
> Time and control will still be a problem, but if
> you don't need those, this should be very cool.
>
> Koz

I would imagine, and I am speculating here as I haven't tried it, that it would use the system time or elapsed time for each clip.

Sure a frame out is a problem when editing multicam, but we will have to see how this app performs.

They are very open to suggestions for improvements.

Peter
June 06, 2007 08:14PM
Peter,

This seems to be very cool. I'd subscribe if you had RSS as well.

Andreas
June 07, 2007 11:25PM
Peter,

Interesting find. I've asked to participate in the beta. I can envision many uses for this program at our shop.

Mark
June 08, 2007 07:31AM
Mark,

Please let me know how you get on. Granted, it is only DV etc at the moment but it does look interesting.

Also i know you will give it a hammering! smiling smiley

Peter
June 09, 2007 12:23PM
Peter,

Please let me know when it's in beta, that app could be interesting for some of my customers.

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics