Color training for a feature film please.

Posted by Ricky 
Color training for a feature film please.
June 07, 2007 07:51AM
I have just received a feature film that has been locked and I am using the FCPS 2 Color program to color correct it in.

I am looking for a qualified colorist to teach me how to use this program. I am located 45 minutes north of Hollywood.
I am willing to travel anywhere in the greater Los Angles area to your location or perhaps you come to mine.

I hate to ask here in this forum but IM desperate and need help immediately due to the pressure of receiving this feature film in my lap last week. And I am currently to SLOW with this program.

I have years of experienced color correcting in FCP, so I somewhat understand color correcting. I just need help learning where everything is in Color and how to properly use the extra functions in Color.

I figure 1 full day will get me going in the right direction if I need more I will ask for more.

Payment: CASH for training please.

Thank you

Just call me IM desperate and killing myself looking for tutorials online that do not seem to exist.
(805) 822-9870
Rick
Re: Color training for a feature film please.
June 07, 2007 09:29AM
Color Manual.
I hope it can help.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
June 07, 2007 09:40AM
I assume you are a colorist and all you want is to learn the UI? I mean you aint going to learn grading in a week. Anyway, call Moviola in Hollywood and see if they have started their Color classes yet.

[www.moviola.com]

There is also Video Symphony in Burbank

[www.videosymphony.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 07, 2007 11:29AM
<<<Rui Barros >>>

Ask if he wants to fly you over.

Koz
June 08, 2007 04:13AM
Thank you everyone

Color Manual, read it helped but did not teach me the UI

Yes, I am looking to learn the UI and I want to understand where the buttons are.

Contacted moviola and they are not starting color classes for about 6 weeks from now possibly longer.

Videosymphony is even worst they don't believe they will be teaching the Color program any time soon.
I asked if either one would be willing to do individual training and they were nice enough to take my name, number and they will get back to me... someday I hope.

At this rate I wish I could afford to fly to Portugal but its not an option I can take advantage of.

I have googled for help, and I have check with creative cow, and total training no luck on either.
Steve Martin was the only person to give me any hope.
I understand he is currently working hard on a DVD training tutorial but not due for maybe a few weeks or possibly longer.

I am still open to any suggestions at this rate I would just love to have 4 hours with someone who knows the program. ANYBODY PLEASE. Just name your rate.

I know what questions I have and I know what I want to accomplish. I can promise to be out of your way by mid day.

Thanks again for the help everyone.
June 08, 2007 09:06AM
Ricky,

Here's the URL for the "Color" list on Yahoo:

[movies.groups.yahoo.com]

This is where the "Serious" colorists hang out.

Try posting there ... you may get a response.

Good luck.

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics