ProTools question

Posted by Jude Cotter 
ProTools question
June 10, 2007 09:51AM
Is it possible to run ProTools on the same system as FCS 2? Anyone managing it? I've got a friend having a small nightmare here with nor being able to open ProTools after installing FCS2 and upgrading everything for it. Not sure what version of ProTools yet. New Mac Pro.

tc
Re: ProTools question
June 10, 2007 12:03PM
Hi, Jude-

Yes, with no problems, but not on a MacPro.

Digidesign Core Audio Manager may not allow PT to launch if another app gets there first.
If FCP is using Core Audio Manager, this problem can occur.

Or is it independent of having multiple apps open?

tc
June 10, 2007 02:15PM
i had the same problem in the earlier versions of jaguar ( running fcs1). when tiger cam it cleared that up.

has she tried opening protool ( not a project just the app) then opening fcs2 then opening the project in pt??

you could also try assigning fcs2 to built in audio and pt to digicore.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
June 10, 2007 10:11PM
Yep. Can be done a variety of ways. Certainly should be no issues with having them both installed etc etc.

Shoot through some more details!

JR.
June 11, 2007 12:56AM
Hey Jus - got your email - I'm going to give you a call re this and also maybe lunch on Wednesday? I've got a shoot near the city so maybe we could catch up.

Everyone else is also welcome to come winking smiley

June 11, 2007 10:57PM
Whenever I install PT I always disable the installation of the Core Audio bizness, it was always a source of trouble.

--
Wes Plate
Automatic Duck, Inc.
[www.automaticduck.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics