OT After Effects

Posted by jack nadelle 
OT After Effects
June 14, 2007 11:20AM
Is there a forum for after effects as good as this one is for FCP?
Jack
Re: OT After Effects
June 14, 2007 11:43AM
I can direct you to a few, but as far as "Is there a forum for after effects as good as this one is for FCP?" ...it's not even close.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 14, 2007 11:50AM
Creative Cow has a very good one and lots of tutorials

[forums.creativecow.net]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 14, 2007 12:01PM
one of the cool things about this place is not only the people here, but the way its setup. i find the format at creative cow really cluttered and hard to follow.
June 14, 2007 12:07PM
Creative Cow also has AE podcasts that I have found to be very helpful.

But I agree with Wayne: it's a tough place to navigate.
June 14, 2007 12:21PM
You are far better off posting right here with an "OT:" at the start of your post. There are a few folks in here that have some decent AE experience.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 14, 2007 04:46PM
Okay, I was hoping someone would offer that! Thank you.
I am working on an under cover police surveillence video that was shot with a hi-8 cam. the small portion I am interested in is about 22min40secs7frames into the tape and continues for about 4 minutes. I brought my clip into After Effects and would like to apply the text>time code effect but the effect starts at 00:00:00:00. I would like to start it at 00:22:40:07 but the offset control in the effects panel doesn't seem to let me go that far. I was hoping to find a way to get up to my start number.
Thanks in advance!
Jack
June 14, 2007 06:08PM
That's a little tricky or maybe a little tricky, as I'm not on the latest version of AE. The highest value you can go is 30000 - no idea why.
Create a new comp which is 00:22:40:07 + the duration of your video (and maybe the size of your footage). Create a new solid. Add the number effect and set the in of the solid to - 00:22:40:07.
Then use this comp as a new layer in the original comp.

Andreas
June 14, 2007 06:59PM
okay, I need to read that a few more times and give it a try, I'm leaving work now so I'll get to it tomorrow. Thanks for the response, I'll keep you posted.
Jack
June 14, 2007 08:41PM
Thank you Andreas, that worked just right!
Jack
June 19, 2007 12:59AM
FWIW, couldn't you have done this in FCP just as (or more) easily???

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics