Lots of Sequences?

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Lots of Sequences?
June 27, 2007 05:42PM
Finding myself with more and more sequences to work with at one time, up to around a dozen or so. The problem is, when i need to close them, i have to do it one....at.....a.....time. Its kinda a pain, does any know of a hotkey to close them faster or select more at time? Keyboard layout tool was no help...and closing the window doesnt affect the tabs within, they come right back up...

anyway, i love shortcuts and hate when im forced to click repeatedly so just hoping...
Re: Lots of Sequences?
June 27, 2007 05:43PM
ONE....at...a...time...is...the...only...way...I...know...how.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 27, 2007 05:50PM
curses, i was afraid of that...

maybe Larry Jordan can add that to his interface list for tonight...
June 27, 2007 09:15PM
Nah - only way I know is to keep hitting control w.

June 27, 2007 09:22PM
...or Right-Click on the tab & select "Close Tab"

...or "Close Project" will close them all at once and just reopen the project.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 27, 2007 09:42PM
Why not do this: Drag the one you want to keep out of the window, then select the window with all the others and press APPLE-W.

They'll still come back if you open a new one, but then again, that's the price you pay for not cleaning up as you go!

www.derekmok.com
June 28, 2007 04:08AM
Closing the Timeline window doesn't work because the tabs still exist in the Canvas...but if you close the Canvas window then the sequences all get closed.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
June 28, 2007 03:00PM
going to have to second DH. Once you close your canvas, open a sequence and all is right as rain.

If at first you don't succeed, keep ****ing it up 'till it works!
June 28, 2007 03:44PM
> Closing the Timeline window doesn't work because the tabs still exist in the Canvas...but if
> you close the Canvas window then the sequences all get closed.

Ha! I never knew that. Somehow it's something that's never come up for me. I guess it's because the Canvas is the least-used window in terms of editing operations -- mostly to drop things into the Overwrite/Insert fields or to use the Wireframe and that's it.

www.derekmok.com
June 28, 2007 05:20PM
beautiful Martin, that's exactly what i was looking for. Forgot the canvas had all the tabs up there as well...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics