long term FCP project..World Changing

Posted by Trittles 
long term FCP project..World Changing
June 29, 2007 12:23PM
Hi,
An online group called World Changing will be adding web content to their site. They will be shooting, logging, digitizing all kinds of different footage and want to be able to search through the logs for shots, broll, interviews, now and in the future. They want to setup a stellar archival logging system as well as editing their current segments.
My question is, what is the best way to log footage that you can search at a much later date. Can you take your logs and export them as a text file? Should I suggest he logs the footage in Microsoft word? Does FCP have a search option? For example, I want to find an interview with Craig, how should I log and capture to allow this sort of search to be most effective.
Now that I've asked the same question 5 different ways, does anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

They are running the newest version of FCP.

Thanks gang,
Trista
Re: long term FCP project..World Changing
June 29, 2007 12:31PM
You might want to look at this

[www.frameline.tv]

Look at it carefully. My guess it will be a year before the rest of the world catches up with these folks.

Then of course there are numerous good logging tools out there.

[www.imagineproducts.com] is just one of them

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 29, 2007 03:21PM
Michael,

The Frameline stuff looks incredible... kinda like any logging program I've ever seen on steroids. Interesting that much of the most recent media management software is coming from Europe. Must be the water.

Mark
June 29, 2007 04:01PM
The problem here as with all logging solutions is that folks just GOT to get used to typing in a lot of info. Until people do that these solutions will just be costly cool software waiting to be used properly. Watch the video tour if you haven't. Its very cool and very powerful.

[www.frameline.tv]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 30, 2007 06:18PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ways of doing the same thing but not with framline?

Trista
July 01, 2007 04:30PM
CatDV has a good reputation
http://www.squarebox.co.uk/

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
July 06, 2007 02:58AM
Trista, why not try the Frameline 47 30 day trial and see how it fits for size ?

Has anyone else had some hands on experience with Frameline they can share ?

Jms
July 06, 2007 09:45AM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. I guess they have decided to wait until FCP comes out with the new server because it's supposed to have the capability to archive and keep track of footage and they want to get a server anyways. I thought the project was World Changing, but it's really for the Consumer's Union, my friend works for both. When is the new server coming out anyways?

Peace,
Trista
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics