Creating chapters in FCP for iDVD

Posted by DarkHorseLXXXV 
Creating chapters in FCP for iDVD
June 29, 2007 09:57PM
I'm running an Intel iMac with a 2.16GHz processor and 2GB of ram. I have a project that I created in Final Cut Pro (from Final Cut Studio 2) that has chapter markers. When I export the project I make sure that "all markers" is selected under the quicktime settings but when I bring the quicktime file into iDVD it does not automatically create the scene selection submenu and none of the chapters register that they exist. I never had this problem with FCP 4HD before I upgraded. Does anybody know what the problem might be?
Re: Creating chapters in FCP for iDVD
June 30, 2007 02:46AM
In iDVD, go to preferences and go to the "Movies" tab. Click on the first bubble for "Create chapter submenus"
I've been doing this a lot for home videos.
July 01, 2007 09:07PM
The bubble for "Create chapter submenus" is already selected but it still isn't creating the chapters.
July 01, 2007 10:55PM
See if there's anything in here that helps

[www.fcpbook.com]
July 02, 2007 06:43AM
This may seem stupid, but are you sure all the markers are designated to be "Chapter Markers;" ie, not another kind, or simply a marker in the timeline? They have to be specifically designated as chapter markers individually. Also, you probably know, they have to be in the sequence timeline, not in the media clip itself.

good luck,

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics