Anyone using LaCie Blue-Ray burner to make Blu-Ray DVD from FinalCut studio?

Posted by Adam Wilhite 
Anyone using LaCie Blue-Ray burner to make Blu-Ray DVD from FinalCut studio?
July 03, 2007 06:03PM
I've got a 99min. feature made on FCStudio. on a G5.

The only Blu-Ray option I've found for burning is LaCie's d2 Blu-Ray drive.

Anyone here own and use one?

How has it worked out?

What machine do you use to play to your HDTV?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Adam
Re: Anyone using LaCie Blue-Ray burner to make Blu-Ray DVD from FinalCut studio?
July 04, 2007 09:54AM
Even the latest version (4.2) of DVD Studio Pro does not address BluRay authoring.

Toast 8 has some BluRay features but is not a complete authoring solution.

Evidentally, Apple is waiting for some event to playout before embracing totally, either HD-DVD or BluRay. Since there are no commerial HD-DVD computer based burners and BluRay burners are everywhere, there is something going on, that seem to maake no sense to me.

Is Apple so dediicated to HD-DVD ONLY that they will forgo BluRay to the exclusion of their customers HiDef DVD experience?
Thank you for your answer--

I have been stuck in this bottle-neck for some time and I was suspicious of the claims that Toast 8 was all I needed to go from my project on my G5 to a Blu-Ray disc of presentation quality.

I feel that Apple touted the ability to make HiDef DVD beyond the capability of the hardware.

I'm not whining... I'm just grumbling....
The new Adobe Encore DVD CS3 supports Blu-Ray and is now available for the first time on the Mac.
It lacks some professional features found in DVD SP (like scripting and VTS editing), but again, it supports Blu-Ray today.
You can use Quicktime HD source files with it, including of course Final Cut Studio content.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics