File Error on Save

Posted by Scott Erickson 
File Error on Save
July 18, 2007 05:19PM
Ive been having this weird problem where halfway through the day, when i try to save, I get a prompt that says "File Error: Unknown File" Then i have to save a local copy to my desktop and then replace the original on the server to update my work. Any one else get this? know why i get it?

thanks...
Re: File Error on Save
July 18, 2007 10:18PM
Does the project file or sequence or clip names have any oddball punctuation: / < > [ ] { } ( ) ; : or more than one dot . ?

How about the destination volume?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Apply a default AUDIO transition with Command-Option-T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 19, 2007 11:45AM
--double post sorry--
File Error on Save
July 19, 2007 11:46AM
project files are generally just text, though the sequences have lots of underscores, just to keep them web friendly. The servers here as well have lots of underscores but nothing i would deem unsafe formatting...

Again i can save them to server for a while, then randomly i get the file save error when i have to go local, when i replace the server file with the local, i can save back to the server again but eventually it gets the same error again....very weird
July 19, 2007 02:07PM
I've seen this several times, mostly on Xsan installations (the commonality being a write to remote server volume). Occurred with 5.xx alot, haven't seen it yet with 6.xx. I haven't been able to nail down anything that would be reproducible.

Geoffrey Miller - Head of the Herd
MadCow Studios
Toluca Lake, CA

...we're outstanding in the field...
July 19, 2007 04:26PM
Yeah well we are still on 5.1.4 here, not sure when they will switch. Not sure if it is an Xsan tho you are probably right. Well, good to know im not the only one, ive got a work around i was just curious to see if there was a reason why... thanks
July 19, 2007 08:28PM
I've seen this on odd occasions, too. Recently on a fcp 6.0 project. Media was stored on a separate internal drive. No idea why or how to make it stop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics