SyncVUEPro

Posted by Chuck Spaulding 
SyncVUEPro
August 06, 2007 11:30PM
Anyone using SyncVuePro?

If so, how well do you like it? Also, how does it compare to Adobe's Clip Notes?

If it is similar to Clip Notes this is something that should be included with the FCS2 but I'd like to hear from anyone who is using or evaluated this product.

Thanks
Re: SyncVUEPro
August 07, 2007 02:09PM
SyncVue is a cool review and approval product which requires SKYPE and a broadband connection.

You can download the SIGGRAPH 06 video at the Digital production Buzz video feed through itunes or just go to www.digitalproductionbuzz.com for an XML link for your favorite aggregator.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Apply a default AUDIO transition with Command-Option-T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
August 10, 2007 02:36AM
Not to thread hijack, but if you're looking for options, you might want to also look into Media Batch.

[www.mediabatch.com]

Among many of it's features, it has an integrated FLV Viewer which is completely timecode based. This allows you to add marker points in real-time (by hitting the "M" key like FCP) which can then be used to write notes at specific timecode points and it also allows you to draw on the video itself for diagrams, which is a first.

All of this lives on your website. Your clients simply login to your list of files and they're ready to go. They don't need to install anything... they're literally viewing a web page on your website.

Media Batch also has an integrated approval system, notation system (different than what I mentioned above) and much more. And it's not just limited to FLV videos... QuickTime, WMV, Real Media (gag), MP3, WMA, image files, the list is endless.

Enter LAFCPUG in the coupon code for an additional 20% off at checkout until next Tuesday.

Marco Solorio | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Media Batch
August 10, 2007 09:45PM
Thanks for the link Marco. Cool product This is probably more of what I'm looking for, SyncVUE is more of a real-time collaborative approval product, although very cool I'm looking for tools that can help me organize the collaborative process.

Has anyone tried FCPServer? I'm not even sure its shipping yet but I'd love to hear some reviews of it.
August 11, 2007 01:14AM
Glad to help, Chuck!

FCP Server is an entirely different beast altogether. The best scenario I see FCP Server in is in a newsroom video editing environment where multiple editors need to share common media assets for FCP. It seems to really be driven for FCP specifically. I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Marco Solorio | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Media Batch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics