Quick Time Export size

Posted by THE CAPO 
Quick Time Export size
August 07, 2007 04:07PM
Anybody else having the 960 to 1280 up-sizing happening on FCP6 Quick Time outputs? It's REALLY getting tiresome, and for the life of me, I can't get a sequence setting, system setting, or EZ set up that consistently solves the problem. My quickie tests of 10 sec. or less have had mixed results, but lately my editors are experiencing the same problem in almost every 720p24 HD project.

For those unfamiliar with this glitch:
Export QT using current settings is creating a frame size of 1280x720. When you drop that QT back into FCP, naturally it wants to render it down to 960x720 on the very same timeline it was exported from. Can't figure out why the QT is pulling out the frame size on export. NEVER had this problem until FCP6.

"I FEAR MY GOVT."
Re: Quick Time Export size
August 07, 2007 05:02PM
This is happening to me to. THREE weeks ago I was able to export a DVCPRO HD 720p24 timeline as 960x720 and reimport that and drop it into the timeline and no rendering was required. But lately, it is coming out 1280x720. AND I DIDN'T UPGRADE ANYTHING!!

I am running FCP 5.1.2 on my G5, QT 7.1.3. I have FCP 5.1.4 and QT 7.1.6 on my Powerbook G4 and the same thing happens. Actually, it first happened on my laptop and I thought it was a QT thing.

Thing that gets me is that I didn't upgrade anything. I exported files for my online, that worked, and i moved on to another project, and now this is happening.

I am VERY perplexed.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
tc
August 07, 2007 08:05PM
Ditto Here. Adding info in the hopes that somebody might be able to put together an answer.

I recently completed a three-segment project shot on HVX-200 as DVCPRO HD 720P.
All was as expected with two of the segments (960x720), the third seems to think it's 1280x720.

In fact, the auto-settings feature in FCP made (and continues to make) 1280 sequences. If I force the footage into a 960 sequence, the footages has to be rendered-
but Apple-9 shows the footage dimensions as 960x720- so something's whacked.

Project was shot over three days by the same DP on his own camera. The media imported in a predictable way. Doesn't seem to matter how I export it, QT Movie/Current settings, QT Conversion, Compressor, the aspect ratio doesn't come out quite how I expect it to-

but only on this one segment.

Hmmnnn... I dunno...

tc

G5 Dual 2.5 FCP6, Black Magic Extreme, 4gig Ram, Most recent Tiger & QT. No upgrades were done during the project.
August 08, 2007 01:09AM
Anamorphic flag issue?

Try another codec besides DVCPro HD?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Apply a default AUDIO transition with Command-Option-T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
August 10, 2007 12:30PM
Loren,
Any suggestions on which codec to try, or is it just a process of systematic trial and error, with a dash of pot-luck thrown in there?

"I FEAR MY GOVT."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics