Compressor to DVD Stud Pro - NO SOUND

Posted by tgfts fcp 
Compressor to DVD Stud Pro - NO SOUND
August 08, 2007 07:40PM
Here's an interesting problem that has suddenly come to burden. After Compressing and importing my m2v and ac3 files into my DVDSP timeline. I get picture, but no sound.

I've tried making a quicktime file of my timeline and using iDVD...but the "Process" portion of the burn results in "errors".

I've a project that needs to be submitted for Festival deadlines. Anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

My workflow:
- I am working from FCP Sequence settings for DVC PRO HD 960x720 23.98
- Followed Ken Stone's Compressor 3 basic tutorial, preparing the FCP file for compression.
According to the end result, I'm a Compressor genius! I end up with two files on my desk top: the M2V and the AC3
- Open DVDSP, import my files. Once placed in the DVDSP timeline, picture is great (though it was frozen once, and blank another, recent attempt is a-ok), but sound is mute.
- Yes. My speakers are on. Yes. I've checked all output settings. Yes. I tried to import another file sitting on my desktop on the same timeline and picture and sound is perfect.
- I presume DVDSP supports ac3 files...what do you think might be wrong?

Best

J
Re: Compressor to DVD Stud Pro - NO SOUND
August 08, 2007 07:45PM
Export the timeline out into a self-contained, full-quality movie file first. Play it with QuickTime Player. Do you get sound? If so, drop that into Compressor and try again.

www.derekmok.com
August 08, 2007 09:32PM
Does the ac3 file play okay outside of DVDSP? If you have MPlayer it will open in that (not QT unfortunately).

If so, is the orange button active on your audio track in DVDSP?

JK

August 08, 2007 09:41PM
Thank ya. Givin' that a shot.
August 08, 2007 09:41PM
Yes, it plays outside of DVDSP. It even plays in compressor's "preview". Weird.
August 08, 2007 10:02PM
Interesting. I'm having a problem this morning with Quicktime stripping the sound off photojpeg exports. Wonder if it's related?

August 08, 2007 10:07PM
What are your system specs and which FCS version do you have?

August 09, 2007 12:36AM
Thanks to derekmok...that did the trick. So if anyone else has this prob, do not import directly to compressor. Quicktime your timeline first.

Jas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics