flash encoder in compressor?

Posted by jenvery 
flash encoder in compressor?
August 09, 2007 02:26PM
Another quick question, does Compressor have a flash encoder or can you purchase one as a plug in? Let me know! Thanks again, Jen
Re: flash encoder in compressor?
August 10, 2007 11:55AM
I'm pretty certain that Compressor will not encode Flash.

FFMpeg will:

[stephenjungels.com]

Or you can Google your brains out.

Search terms "mac flv encoder."

Koz
August 10, 2007 12:33PM
Boy Koz, this guy lost me after the first paragraph. I think you need to be Koz in order to use this program.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 10, 2007 06:00PM
<<<I think you need to be Koz in order to use this program.>>>

Or not want to buy the full Flash license bad enough. That is the other alternative. You can write a big check and buy The Real Thing Flash encoder.

I believe FFMpeg is the UNIX tool that some one wrote to do massive, talented video conversions. I also believe a lot of people wrote "shells" around it so normal humans wouldn't have to deal with programming code.

Unless I miss my guess, MPEG Streamclip is a fancy-pants, brightly colored cover hiding FFMpeg. Streamclip may even work to do the job in the original post. I don't know and I"m not close enough to a system to find out.

There is always a little bit of a dance when you get "fake" software to duplicate copyrighted formats; like MP3 (Fraunhofer Industries), and Flash (Macromedia Software).

Koz
August 13, 2007 04:52PM
I just checked out a recent version of MPEGStreamclip and I do not see flash exporting there.

I discovered if you have Flash installed and the Flash Video Encoder installed (which comes with Flash 8 and CS 3) that you can access it through Compressor in a convoluted manner so you don't have to export to MPEG whatever and then do the dance again with Flash Video Encoder.

In Compressor, assuming you have the Flash application installed (that would be Flash 8 or Flash CS 3) you can access the Flash Video Encoder through "QuickTime Components" when you make a custom setting in Compressor. Once set up it works as advertised and you will have a preset for creating Flash video for the web. You will still have to create the HTML wrapper for it which is done fairly easily through Flash or a relatively current version of Dreamweaver.
August 19, 2007 05:55PM
Hi,

I have just discovered an easier way to use this FFMPEG.

It's a free application called ffmpegX. Basically, it's a graphical user interface for some Unix applications. I'm not at all unix savvy, but was able to install it by carefully following their instructions.

The current version is 0.9, so there are some bugs. So far, I have only come across with the bug that progress meter goes beyond 100%, but it does not matter.

[ffmpegx.com]

Btw, the following link will take you to free FLV-viewer, and some other FLV-stuff for Mac:

[www.swf-mac.com]

(The player is not perfect, but - well, it's free.)

Best Wishes,
Scissor
August 20, 2007 08:35AM
Scissor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I have just discovered an easier way to use this
> FFMPEG.
>
> It's a free application called ffmpegX. Basically,
> it's a graphical user interface for some Unix
> applications.
>
> [ffmpegx.com]

Very good score. Thanks for pointing that out.

> Btw, the following link will take you to free
> FLV-viewer, and some other FLV-stuff for Mac:
>
> [www.swf-mac.com]
>
> (The player is not perfect, but - well, it's
> free.)

I have tried several over the past year and the one you mention is BY FAR the best one out there.

Here is a direct link
to the free version of this FLV/SWF player.

-Andrew Stone
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics