Breakout capture box for macbook pro

Posted by wagged 
Breakout capture box for macbook pro
August 09, 2007 05:03PM
I have a multibridge pro that i use with my mac pro and was wondering if anyone knows of something similar that would work with a macbook pro, so i could digitize non DV footage
Re: Breakout capture box for macbook pro
August 09, 2007 05:37PM
AJA I/O HD...not out yet...for HD. AJA does sell the regular AJA I/O for SD, and that attaches via firewire.

There is also the forthcoming MOTU V3HD....but again, not out yet. NO Hd solutions currently out for the laptops...but soon.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 09, 2007 06:19PM
Shane

When is that thing shipping?

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 09, 2007 06:24PM
AJA I/O HD has late August/Sept as their slated time. No target...as they said they want to ship a good product, not meet an arbitrary date.

And the V3HD has nothing other than 4th Q 2007. They are pushing it hard though. Back cover of the last 3 DV magazines and inside a couple HD mags....full page, often TWO page spreads.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
August 09, 2007 08:24PM
thanks i wonder how much the V3HD will cost
August 09, 2007 08:52PM
SO do I my friend...so do I.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
August 10, 2007 02:16AM
I've gotta say, that V3HD looks really nice. The front and rear panels are incredible. It'll be interesting to see if MOTU can match AJA's video engineering expertise. MOTU obviously has a solid audio background (we have several of their products in our recording studio). It'll be interesting to see what develops. So far it doesn't sound like the V3HD will support ProRes which may end up being a weak point for it despite its bountiful front and rear panels.

Marco Solorio | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Media Batch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics