.FLV to .MOV How to?

Posted by treatment 
.FLV to .MOV How to?
August 12, 2007 04:44PM
Hello to the collective "Think Tank"

Background info:

Spent many hours collecting YouTube videos of interest on to my harddrive.

The website I use to accomplish this is here:

http://keepvid.com/

Software solution:

TubeSock
[stinkbot.com]

TubeSock works, but after using the DEMO for a week end, decided that it was too slow for my taste, and after assuming that I had succesfully downloaded hundreds of videos, realized that NOTHING had been saved to my harddrive, so off it went. Maybe you will have better luck?

So, using KeepVid, I was able to "Save As" .FLV movies (which is what YouTube videos are natively, I believe)
Now I have all these great .FLV videos and the only thing that will read them is VLC.

If VLC is not in your toolbag, immediately go here and download it, I don;t know what I'd do without it.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

So VLC can read, but will not export.
Question: Is there any app that is known that will export a .flv file to a .mov?

(I was hoping that FCP would do it so I could use the Batch Export feature and leave it over night)

Thanks in advance, and I hope you found the above links useful.
Treatment

Any
Re: .FLV to .MOV How to?
August 12, 2007 08:53PM
I use VisualHub to export to FCP.

[www.techspansion.com]

Highly recommend it.

Also, give the firefox extension VideoDownloader a look.

[addons.mozilla.org]
August 12, 2007 09:13PM
Hi Encision

I will check those out immediately!!

In the meantime, I found a tiny little Freeware app that will create .mp4 videos, and also will do H264 (although 4 X slower, and quality is arguable)

ON My machine, it did a 2.7MB .flv video in 2 minutes, and the same video in 9 minutes for H264

Check it out
www.isquint.org
August 13, 2007 01:09AM
Try "Perian". It is a Quicktime Component, so once installed, Quicktime/Compressor can play FLV files easily, and you have the ease of conversion to any QT format via Compressor presets. And it will scream with a little Qmaster Cluster rendering it out for you.

Michael
Pixel Dust Digital Media
August 13, 2007 12:53PM
I've been having spotty results with KepVid...Are there any other recommended programs to save .flv files? A google search turned up a lot of sketchy looking results...
August 13, 2007 04:12PM
Had a similar problem a while ago. My flash videos had interactive elements incorporated (database queries etc.), which rendered most of the programs mentioned here useless.

My solution; software called Snapz Pro. You can?t do batch processing but it will convert even the most complicated .flv and .swf files to .mov?s
August 15, 2007 10:12AM
In reply to [www.lafcpug.org]

anthem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been having spotty results with KepVid...Are
> there any other recommended programs to save .flv
> files? A google search turned up a lot of sketchy
> looking results...

As was said earlier in the thread, Visual Hub. It's a swiss army knife for video conversion and it is inexpensive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics