YOUTUBE VIDEO QUALITY

Posted by kjoske 
YOUTUBE VIDEO QUALITY
August 13, 2007 08:11PM
I want to improve the video quality of a video I posted on you tube; see the following URL:

I used MP4, H264, 2000, 1440 x 1080 compression settings

Any recommendations?
Re: YOUTUBE VIDEO QUALITY
August 13, 2007 08:16PM
One thing recommended by many tutorials is to shrink your frame size down. Since YouTube will crush your frame size down anyway (to 320x240, I think), there's no point in putting many pixels into your movie file -- they will simply be discarded. Many experts I've read recommend that you put the 100MB into a higher data rate.

You might want to take a close look at your edits, though -- I see some black frames. And your sound mix needs to be redone -- the music is obliterating your dialogue. Do you have the rights to the James Bond footage?

www.derekmok.com
August 13, 2007 08:38PM
I am surprised youtube even posts clips like this without obtaining a release from the poster saying all images have been cleared. This would be pretty expensive.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 13, 2007 09:18PM
what the heck was THAT?!?!?! you have WAY bigger problems going on there than video quality...
August 13, 2007 11:46PM
Wayne you have to watch the whole thing a second time to understand it... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

kjoske that's as good as it's going to get with the YouTube encoding. Be happy with it.
August 14, 2007 11:39AM
This was a great guide, i def noticed an improvable quality when trying this...

[www.lafcpug.org]

Also, if you have access to an FLV encoder, you can compress with your own settings and upload an FLV directly to youtube with no transcoding, as long as its under 100mg and 320x240, supposedly...
August 14, 2007 04:30PM
Scott Erickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...if you have access to an FLV encoder, you
> can compress with your own settings and upload an
> FLV directly to youtube with no transcoding, as
> long as its under 100mg and 320x240, supposedly.

That is very good to know.
August 14, 2007 06:39PM
Youtube images blow and they always will until the pipe is increased. There's no magic trick...the best you can do is start with the best possible image before encoding. It's a great way to get SOMETHING out there for all to see, but what kills me is that Designers / Editors are actually using this for proofs (*Yikes* thumbs up). I would never send a client there to view my work when a job is on the line.

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 15, 2007 04:24PM
Hi kjoski

For some reason when using H264 on Youtube I get a similar
gray glitch that you had at the beginning of your clip-

Others have reported the same problem on YT-

It dose not always happen but usually dose- and I have
had it last up to the first 3 seconds of the program-

The same exact file uploaded to Google video have always worked fine-
no glitch--

Dose anyone else get this same gray glitch at the beginning of the clip
and have you been able to fix some how??

as far as the quality of your clip that is about as good as it gets on YT--
-- Thanks--Jay--
September 02, 2007 07:41PM
Can someone recommend a good FLV encoder. I took some video with a high-end camera, basically a talking head with lots happening in the background ... tree branches swaying, etc. Although the compressed video looks great in QT, when I upload it to YT, the features of my face are so blurry, it looks like I'm missing my nose. I've tried following the tutorial, tried various parameters, but nothing makes it clearer. I'm not looking for perfection ... just a clearer picture.

Is there something that takes an iMovie file and makes a flv file directly. And if so, any recommendations? Do you think this would lessen the problem with YT?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics