Where have all of my plug-ins gone?

Posted by Evan 
Where have all of my plug-ins gone?
August 18, 2007 05:06PM
OK, so I upgraded to FC Studio 2 in the middle of a project only because I'm always in the middle of a project. I have used some fx at this point and of course when I cut into the middle of an effected shot, it unrenders and FCP doesn't know the path to the effect (and neither do I anymore). They used to be in Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro/Plug-ins. Where has FC Studio 2 moved them to?
Re: Where have all of my plug-ins gone?
August 19, 2007 02:57AM
they've not changed location between versions Evan

FxScript based plugs are normally found in one of three locations:
1) inside your users Library folder, specifically ~/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data/Plugins folder ... you can simply drag and drop plugins to/from here to install/uninstall
2) inside your main Library folder, specifically /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins .. you can drag and drop to/from here too (with authentication)
3) inside the FCP application bundle .... in the Finder, open the Info window for the FCP application; under Plug-ins chose Add... or Remove... and select the plugin

FxPlug based plugins i'm not so sure of, but I believe it may be /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Internal Plugins/FxPlug
Re: Where have all of my plug-ins gone?
August 19, 2007 10:47PM
Oops. I upgraded sorta the same way in mid project and all hell was let loose.

I ended up (after many installs and reinstalls of both System and FCS2) having to erase my boot drive and reinstall System and FCS2 from zero.

It took me three days to learn this lesson.

You may wish to take this shortcut.

Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics