Need to make my 5.1 an LT/RT

Posted by Ethan 
Need to make my 5.1 an LT/RT
August 24, 2007 09:15PM
I am going to Color Correct my HD project, and output to HD cam. I have my 5.1 mix. The HD cam only has 4 tracks. I need an LT/RT. Compresssor will encode an AC3 Dolby 2.0, if I use some sort of software to convert that into a stereo file will I have an LT/RT or just stereo?

Please help?
Re: Need to make my 5.1 an LT/RT
August 25, 2007 06:33AM
Do you have the 6 tracks on a timeline in FCP? If so I would start by making a copy of final sequence. Then, on that copy, use the function of the mixer tool that does a mixdown to stereo. It is a button in the upper right of the tool that has to triangles facing each other.

You may want to adjust the levels of the tracks in the resulting mix as the dialog may get overpowered by M&E, depending on the content of the L/R and surround channels.

-V
August 25, 2007 10:36PM
if all you need is a stereo version of your mix, V is right.

there's a formula for it, too,but i cant really remember:

obviously you need to set the panning,
but then you need to drop the surrounds
i think it;s 6db? it may be more...

or do you need a 2tk Dolby version?

nick
August 27, 2007 01:17AM
I have a stereo mix down, Which I will put on one set of track of the HD cam, and on the other set I'd like to put the Dolby LT/RT of our 5.1 mix.

Pro-tools has some tools for this but they are $700. There is one plug-in that can be rented for $20 but it needs a TDM system, and I have an M-box. Compressor does something similar but it is in AC-3 format. And I need some sort of interleaved aif or QT, that could be layed back in tandem with the Stereo mix
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics