not capturing

Posted by howard 
not capturing
September 04, 2007 12:31AM
I teach a couple of video production classes during the week so this is a question involving a college G5, FCP 4.5. Students get to use the system when I?m not around and I?m wondering why suddenly I can log clips, I set it to capture, it does all the right things, says clip captured successfully etc. But? it hasn?t been captured. There it is still in the browser with a red stroke through it and nothing in the scratch disc. I?ve checked every thing I can think of in prefs and set up. Any ideas? Regards, Howard.
Re: not capturing
September 04, 2007 12:49AM
Have you tried deleteing your prefs?

go to users->[current user]->library->preferences->final cut pro User settings and delete everything in there.
September 04, 2007 01:12AM
No I haven't trashed the prefs as yet. I'll do it next time I'm there and see what happens. I thought one of the students may have punched in some whacky command due to the fact that one day it was working fine then the next day it wasn't. Thanks, Howard.
September 04, 2007 01:27AM
Yea, I work in a school as well (student worker) we freeze all our systems from this reason, with the exception of maybe 5 of them which are meant for high end hd work and sound work. But with deep freeze, the worst that will ever happen is save, quit restart. Saves a lot of trouble shooting time. Though I have a feeling it drives up the risk of permission issues
September 04, 2007 01:34AM
Okay, so you're sure it hasn't been captured? Sometimes the icon display gets *very* lazy and still shows "Media Offline"-- but load it in the Viewer, the clip is there! Check that?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
September 04, 2007 09:31AM
Do you have a capture card on the computer? I know at least one system with a Kona 2 card on it which, upon successfully capturing a batch list, will still put the clips offline if you click "Done". You have to click "Cancel" to make the clips show up. Weird. Try that on a short batch list, say three clips.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics