What's the issue with dissolves and FCP

Posted by Gualex 
What's the issue with dissolves and FCP
September 04, 2007 11:39AM
Hi All:

I have been having this problem since I started using FCP more than 2 years ago, I am hoping someone can help me.

When I apply a dissolve by right clicking Add transition 'Croos dissolve' many many many times I have problems with it. For example if it is text it will shift down a few pixels after the dissolve ends even after a full render. If the dissolve is on a clip it won't be smooth, there will be a slight pop or shift in the image in the first frame after the dissolve ends. I am running the latest version of FCP with a mac server with all the bells and whistles. I have tried all flavors of the RT menu also.

Thanks a lot,

Alex Neuman
Re: What's the issue with dissolves and FCP
September 04, 2007 03:56PM
Are you familiar with the need for sufficient in and out points on your clips? A forum search should turn up a fair bit of material on that one.

good luck ...
September 04, 2007 04:19PM
Hi Paul,

Yes I am. This is not related to that issue.

Thanks for your email,

Alex N.
September 04, 2007 05:15PM
Alex said
many many many times I have problems with it

You've been having this problem with some regularity for over 2 years? I've heard of this, never experienced it, but can't remember any solutions. I suspect bad render files, and you could trash them and see if it helps, but that doesn't explain the frequent, and I assume rather random, occurrences.

What versions of FCP, OS and QT have you been running over these 2 years, and were you having this problem during all versions? Same hardware throughout?

Scott
September 04, 2007 05:46PM
I have this problem on occasion. I've never quite been able to pin it down. It seems to happen more often when dissolving in or out of a nested sequence, but can happen at other times, too. I find shifting the dissolve by a frame or two seems to cure it, as does removing the dissolve and re-applying it.

Why does it happen? Dunno.
September 04, 2007 08:35PM
Try this

Go to Sequence > Render > and tick the 'full' option. Then select the clips containing the problem dissolve on the timeline and then render, or just use option - r and fully render everything.

September 04, 2007 08:39PM
is it specifically with cross dissolve?
September 05, 2007 01:10AM
What Jude said. I had this same problem with PSD layered type files that I imported and added fade ins to the layers independently and then a global fade on the imported psd in the master timeline and had the type shifting problem, a "full" render dealt with the issue and only that. Odd and irritating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics