Capture Problem

Posted by AV_Turtle 
Capture Problem
September 10, 2007 05:13PM
---I am working with an Imac 1.9 GHz G5 w/1.5 gigs of ram at school. We have FCP 6.0.1 installed. We cannot see any video in the log and capture screen. It will go through the motions of logging and capturing with a blank screen, but when captured there is no video, only slug. I cannot figure out this issue. Could there be a problem with FCP 6 using the imac?
---There are some other logging related issues as well, such as no keyboard control and FCP continues attempting to run the deck when stop has been pressed.
---I have tried multiple machines and decks, I have trashed the pref's, and still the issue persists.
---Thank you for any help on this issue or letting me know if this is in fact a known issue with the Imac and FCP.
-----Donovon
Re: Capture Problem
September 10, 2007 10:38PM
What are you trying to capture, from what type of playback device and what are your capture and device control settings?
September 11, 2007 12:48AM
Shot in the dark:

You're using an HDV camera, you've got it set to downconvert HDV -> DV in camera. Your Easy Setup is for HDV, and FCP sees only DV, and won't show it.
September 11, 2007 09:35PM
---I was capturing mini dv shot on a sony dv camera. Nothing special. The deck was a sony mini dv deck. The settings are for standard dv. I can't figure out what the problem is, it doesn't make any sense to me. I didn't have these issues with FCP 5.1.4, only with 6.0.1. I've tried several of the Imacs all with the same result.
---Thanks for the responses! I'm hoping we might figure this out because it is definitely a pain in the butt!
------Donovon
September 12, 2007 03:22PM
---Well, I figured t out finally. I had gone through three bad decks in a row, go figure, huh? I knew this issue made no sense, but I still couldn't figure it out, until today that is, when someone else didn't have the issues I was having. So now we just have to send out the decks for service, easy fix to a weird problem.
-----Donovon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics