A couple of capturing questions

Posted by jdredline 
A couple of capturing questions
September 11, 2007 01:16PM
2 questions, please:

1. I've created a bin where I want to import clips from an XML file. I've set it as my logging bin. I highlight it and right click to import XML, but the clips only go into the main bin. I then have to drag them into the designated bin I created for them. What am I missing? How do I get the clips to import into the logging bin I select?

2. When about to batch capture clips, I get the following message: "Warning: You are about to capture non-drop-frame media to a drop-frame clip. If you proceed, you may experience changes in logged in & out points, problems relinking media, or removal of master clip relationships."

I've checked all my settings and nothing indicates anywhere that its drop-frame. What am I missing? What are the kind of errors am I making to generate this warning? In other words, what should I be specifically checking to correct this?
Re: A couple of capturing questions
September 11, 2007 10:59PM
This a great forum for the digital media, but it seems no one on here knows anything about real film.

I guess no one knows where I should be posting my film-related questions either?
September 11, 2007 11:16PM
Is it me or do we have another "rude impersonator" again?

www.derekmok.com
September 11, 2007 11:19PM
It's just you.

I'm simply frustrated because I always post film questions in regards to use with FCP and no one ever knows the answers.

Do you?
September 11, 2007 11:36PM
so what's "film" specific about your question?

1 " highlight it and right click to import XML, but the clips only go into the main bin"

i dont get import XML by right clicking on a bin.
you must be right clicking on the background of the browser.

either way, import XML doesn't give you the option of importing into a bin.
if the clips were in a bin to start with, and the XML was made of the BIN itself,
you;d get clips in a in.
as it is, put em in a bin yourself.
or make new project,
and copy and paste into the bin you want.

2 this is NTSC specific,
i work in PAL,
so i guess you'lll be frustrated for just a little bit longer smiling smiley

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics