OT- DLT- How to

Posted by Scott Erickson 
OT- DLT- How to
September 11, 2007 07:12PM
Without purchasing a DLT setup, what's the best way for me to get content onto a DLT for mailing out to a replication company.

are there post-type houses for this? most our projects were simply duplication, not replication and now they want DLT so...just curious what the options are...
Re: OT- DLT- How to
September 12, 2007 12:52AM
For DVD replication? DLT is nearly obsolete. Most DVD houses also accept a master DigiBeta or DVCAM master. If it's a delivery requirement of course, then you need to find a house which takes your master to DLT. They're out there. What a PITA!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
September 13, 2007 08:22AM
I used to work for a DVD-Authoring company that would provide DLT mastering - but they have gone out of business. You could probably find a smaller company to help you out, since most big authoring houses don't use DVDSP but Sonic or Sony authoring systems.

Honestly, when I set up the DVD company mentioned above, we found an older DLT drive on Ebay. All you need is the drive and a SCSI connection. DVD-SP does the rest of the work for you!

-Rick
September 13, 2007 08:25AM
To humor myself Ilooked on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=DLT+drive&category0=)

You can get a DLT drive for $20. Seven years ago we paid $3000 for a used one!

Know I am certain you should just buy one - it will be cheaper than taking your files to another company!

-Rick
September 16, 2007 07:09PM
>For DVD replication? DLT is nearly obsolete. Most DVD houses also accept a master DigiBeta or DVCAM master.>

If DLT is nearly obsolete what is the current, more common deliverable master for mass DVD replication?

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
September 16, 2007 07:13PM
Never mind--just saw a the whole thread addressing this subject.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics