Flip 4 Mac to create Wave Media Player files for online viewing

Posted by Lisha 
Flip 4 Mac to create Wave Media Player files for online viewing
September 21, 2007 11:23AM
Hello to all,

I have .mov files on the web for clients to view. Along with the link to the website, I also provide them with a link to download QuickTime for Mac or PC. A couple of clients, in the PC world, have not been able to view the clips even after downloading QuickTime for PC and have asked for Windows Media Player files. Clients with Macintosh and some PC users have been able to view the clips with no problem.

Would I use Flip 4 Mac to create the movie files so I can post them to the website for viewing? Any other suggestions? The clips must be good quality and are 2-5 minutes in length.

As always, thanks in advanced!
Lisha
Re: Flip 4 Mac to create Wave Media Player files for online viewing
September 21, 2007 11:42AM
Flip4Mac will work fine. However, it's developed a small bug in the last while, where you can't export 48kHz source into a 44.1kHz WMV file. You have to convert the source file's audio to 44.1kHz first. Other than that, I've been using it for a long time with no issues.

www.derekmok.com
September 21, 2007 11:43AM
They havent fixed that yet Derek? Thought they did?

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 21, 2007 12:23PM
I just noticed in Quicktime Pro there is an export option for "movie to Windows Media". Will this work as also?
September 21, 2007 12:48PM
Unless you bought the Windows Media Component, you only have the demo version. It won't encode your entire timeline.

deb
September 21, 2007 02:08PM
Flip 4 Mac is great, I'm using it as I type this. It's perfect for what you need. I have clients that drop the resulting files straight into their PowerPoint shows. It doesn't get any more PC than that!

Eddie
September 22, 2007 02:41AM
Yep they fixed it in a beta version that works great.

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_beta_register.htm

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
September 22, 2007 10:12AM
Just to be clear, make sure you have Flip4Mac Public Beta 2.1.3.5. That fixes the sample rate issue with Quicktime 7.2. You will not have the sample rate issue if you're still using Quicktime 7.1.6 and Flip4Mac 2.1.2.72.

To check which version of Flip4Mac you have, open your system preference pane, open Flip4Mac prefpane, click About.

Keep in mind that the free Flip4Mac WMV player only includes a demo of the exporter (1/2 duration up to 30 seconds). You can update to the one of the 3 export versions by clicking on Upgrade in the Flip4Mac prefpane.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics