mpeg2 conversion - in Cleaner 6 or DVD Studio Pro 3?

Posted by Robert 
mpeg2 conversion - in Cleaner 6 or DVD Studio Pro 3?
September 24, 2007 11:11AM
Hello All,

thanks to everyone here - I think this is a wonderful thing. I am once again having a problem and am running out of time for this project! I have about 36 hours left!

I have 5 one hour mini DV ntsc tapes which I digitized into FCPHD 4.5. I have exported quicktimes which are about 12.9GB each. Now I need to make a DVD of each hour of footage. (This is for a video installation for a show).

My Compressor is broken so I am looking for alternatives to make the MPEG2 which DVD studio pro needs.

What I have as options are:
1. Cleaner 6 - But it takes 14 hours to make an mpeg2 from a one hour quicktime!!!!! (Choosing "NTSC DV to MPEG2 Program" option.)

2. DVDstudio Pro - I drag in the quicktime and it makes the mpeg2. But this also takes about 6 hours for each one hour quicktime file.

Any better ideas??? Is the quality difference big between these two?

Thanks to anyone with advice!!
Cheers,
Robert

Powerbook 15", 1.25 Ghz, 1.25GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.4.9
Re: mpeg2 conversion - in Cleaner 6 or DVD Studio Pro 3?
September 24, 2007 04:29PM
Its going to take a long time regardless. Just let DVD Studio Pro do it. Quality depends more on settings, not the tool. Really hard to say what your settings should be.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 24, 2007 05:58PM
Try to use QT export to mpeg2. You will receive .m2v with.aiff audio. (You can also see the size of the file in the options window). Then convert .aiff of the same file in A.Pack audio and you will receive .aac audio file. Put these two in the DVDSP and build it somewhere on HD. After that just put the folder in Toast titanium and burn it under the DVD-ROM (UDF) option.

Jupi
www.kreativni.hr
www.youtube.com/KreativniOdjel
September 24, 2007 06:24PM
Thanks both of you for your help. Wow the DVD studio pro 3 is still creating the mpeg 2 - already 10,5 hours and still not done (original file is 1 hour quicktime 12.8gb- and I have 5 of these to do!!!-could take a week!!)

Jupi hey that sounds great thanks! I opened my quicktime movie in the quicktime 7.0.4 software.

I go into File-> Export. But I canNOT find an option to export to mpeg2. I only see MPEG4 or movie to picture. What am I doing wrong????

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Robert
September 24, 2007 06:33PM
It means that,unfortunately, you don't have mpeg2 codec.
Look at here and here is very useful.

Jupi
www.kreativni.hr
www.youtube.com/KreativniOdjel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics