FCP 5.1.4 to 6.1 conundrum...

Posted by Scott Erickson 
FCP 5.1.4 to 6.1 conundrum...
September 25, 2007 04:13PM
We are experiencing a very strange issue when taking some older projects up to 6.1. Here;s the

We're working with all screen capture footage, animation codec, and the sequence is set to match. No renders needed. Everything works fine when it was in 5.1.4, our new stuff all works fine in 6 as well. This clips are raw, no filters or motion adjustments, just cuts.

BUT...

we take a 5 project up to 6 and then everything needs to be rendered, even tho the clips and sequence settings are exactly the same. In fact, taking the original unedited clip from finder and dropping it in the same sequence shows no render bar! Just whatever's been edited. We obviously reconnected media to no avail, even using a XML export, the new sequence in a new project still requires render!?

No idea whats going on here but its a major pain as we now have to render everything that we should not have too. Any ideas? I'm spent with ideas, might be time for a bug report...
Re: FCP 5.1.4 to 6.1 conundrum...
September 25, 2007 04:40PM
Try disabling all clips and then re-enabling, or disconnect the media and reconnect it. The clips might just need a "flush".

www.derekmok.com
September 25, 2007 05:04PM
Nope, no luck. I did Clip Enable before but forgot about disconnect media. Still, it didnt help sorry sad smiley
September 25, 2007 05:05PM
Try selecting just one clip and do a Remove Attributes (OPTION-APPLE-V) on it, see what columns pop up.

Bizarre.

www.derekmok.com
September 25, 2007 06:43PM
yeah like i said, they are clean. I even did a clip properties comparison with clips that worked or needed render and they are the same...very bizarre
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics