Config Error

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Config Error
October 24, 2007 01:40PM
This is a new one to me...

Configuration Error
This Software requires certain hardware or software which is missing:
Quartz Extreme support

This on an older PPC machine that used to run FCP just brilliantly, now we pulled it out to become a render station and FCP wont launch, just the error. Any ideas? Im not exactly sure what Quartz Extreme support is or why its missing...
Anonymous User
Re: Config Error
October 24, 2007 07:05PM
That error generally applies to Motion but FCP should run just fine
October 24, 2007 08:30PM
Quartz extreme is to do with the graphics card. I think it was FCP5.1 that this problem started with. It does a check to see if you've got the right hardware. If not, bye bye.

There is a hack you can do to force the check to look for the graphics card you actually do. Basically, what you do is remove the startup check from the application package contents. This, of course, is delicate work, so you should always make a copy of the files you are going to be stripping beforehand.

I don't know exactly what you would be looking for, but basically a string that mentions minimum system requirements and quartz.

Google would probably be helpful.

OR, run an earlier version of FCP.

Tom
February 24, 2008 09:18PM
I am having the same problem. I am using a G5 Power PC dual 1.8. I think my Assistant attempted to upgrade to FCP 6 but there was not enough memory to complete the upgrade so it was aborted. Now I am unablew to open FCP. When I try to re-instal FCP5.1 Studio FCP is greyed out. Do I need to physically drag FCP to trash and then re-install?

Many thanks

Tom
February 25, 2008 08:51AM

I think my Assistant attempted to upgrade to FCP 6 but there was not enough memory to complete the upgrade so it was aborted.

Yikes. Nightmare. Kill him. KIIIILLLL HIIIIIIM!!!

...just kidding. Partial installs are no good. That always leads to incomplete software packages and nothing will run correctly. I would manually uninstall all FCS-related elements and reinstall a clean package. You could try this:

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

I haven't tried it, but you have nothing to lose at this point.

...and tell your assistants to leave installations to da boss!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics