OT: Andrew Jackson airs this Sunday

Posted by Shane Ross 
OT: Andrew Jackson airs this Sunday
November 16, 2007 09:12PM
I saved posting the airdate until the time was close. Well, it is close. And it will air THREE times very close to one another...so you will be sure to catch it.

<a href=http://www.history.com/shows.do?episodeId=251189&action=detail target=_blank>Andrew Jackson.</a>

Sunday, November 18 08:00 PM
Monday, November 19 12:00 AM (that's right...MIDNIGHT)
Saturday, November 24 05:00 PM

Not sure if these are Eastern or Pacific times...there have been times when it was set to air at 8PM and I find that it is on a 5PM...so 8PM eastern, 5PM Pacific. But then it re-aired later that night.

Anyway, this is my third History Channel high def show cut with FCP...and since I have maybe 4 shows that air a year (specials...all of them specials) announcing when one airs is a big thing. Now, when I get a SERIES, I can be more casual about it and say "catch this every Tuesday at 8:00 PM" and it won't be such a big deal because you see it all the time. Well, it will still be a big deal, just not a quarterly event.

ONE of these day's the network will publicize a show I work on...one of these days. Until then I have to shout it from the street corner...

"HEY! WATCH MY SHOW! IT'S REALLY COOL!"

When my SURGERY SAVED MY LIFE episode airs on Discovery Health (gah, they HAD to move it from the main Discovery channel for some reason)...I'll let you know. That will be my...2nd show this year? The third I am working on now. MAN, I need a series.

ANYWAY...this was shot with the Varicam and HVX-200, DVCPRO HD 720p 23.98...edited at full resolution then color corrected using Colorista, and output to HDCAM 1080p 23.98 at the Dr Group via a Kona 3...upconverting on the fly as we output. Open title graphic was done using Motion. And unlike the Mexican American War, where there were LOTS of cannon blasts, but NO IMPACTS....this one is chock full of cannon ball hits.

And rubber bayonets.

Quoting the press release:

World Premiere Sunday, November 18th, 2007 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY, OCTOBER 10, 2007 ? Ask Americans which President?s face is on
the twenty dollar bill and most will say, ?Andrew Jackson?. Ask these same people the
reason why Jackson?s portrait graces the modern twenty dollar bill and many of them will
not have the answer. Some of those in the know claim he does not deserve such a
distinction, while others praise him for his accomplishments during his presidency. Why
the discrepancy?

During his presidency, Andrew Jackson saved America from occupation by the British
and held off the secession of South Carolina, was known simply as ?The Hero,? and was
one of the most popular American Presidents in history. And yet he is also responsible for
one of this country?s biggest humanitarian disasters, and is remembered in some circles
as a tyrant and double-crosser. A new two-hour special presentation examines the
controversial life and career of ANDREW JACKSON premiering November 18th,
2007 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The History Channel®.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: OT: Andrew Jackson airs this Sunday
November 16, 2007 09:19PM
sweet! will scheck it out for sure!

www.markdavid.tv
November 17, 2007 01:10PM
Didja get to keep a bayonet?

It'll help keep those unruly producers in line when you sign on for your series!!

grinning smiley

deb
November 17, 2007 01:17PM
...wasn't Andrew Jackson a womanizing slave owner? ...or was that Thomas Jefferson? (I didn't do well in History in H.S.... too much partyin'). Powdered wigs on guys are COOL...and you can thank AJ for Jacksonville, FL eye rolling smiley

There's a great Wiki spread on AJ if anyone wants to read a little before watching:

[en.wikipedia.org]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 17, 2007 01:23PM
Thomas Jefferson was the slave owner and womanizer. Andrew Jackson was accused of Bigamy...marrying a woman who was already married. And he didn't wear powdered wigs.

I wanted a bayonet, but they are props.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
November 17, 2007 01:32PM

Joey said:
Powdered wigs on guys are COOL...

Shane said:
And he didn't wear powdered wigs.

That was my very sad attempt at sarcasm. I kinda knew that fact as all the $20 bills in my pocket (none) remind me.

Powdered wigs are fruity spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

November 17, 2007 02:15PM
I thought it was Carmen Miranda's headwear that was fruity....

grinning smiley

deb
November 17, 2007 02:18PM
And he apparently once received a 1,400-pound block of cheese as a gift:

[en.wikipedia.org]

www.derekmok.com
November 17, 2007 03:47PM
derekmok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And he apparently once received a 1,400-pound block of cheese as a gift:

Yes, and that is a story that we talk about in one of four WEB videos that accompany this show. Those should be online soon...I'll post them when they are. yeah, that cheese was the size of a VW bug...we have a drawing of it.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
November 17, 2007 05:48PM

we have a drawing of it.

what, there's none left?

congrats, Shane.

nick
November 17, 2007 07:43PM
Apparently they ate the whole thing in two hours. A VW sized cheese, in two hours. Boggles the mind.

I like the idea of there being a cheese in parliament that anyone could eat from. It's so 'Cake or Death?'

November 18, 2007 11:46AM
That mountain of cheese was consumed at a party in 2 hours (true story).

November 18, 2007 04:07PM
oh, the dreams they had that night!
November 19, 2007 12:21AM
What... this isn't a Ken Burns on PBS? *sniff* ;-)

Hearty congrats, Shane.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke your Favorites bin with Command-6 !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 19, 2007 12:36AM
I think we had like 5 stills in the entire show, and I use ALL of them at the end. Well, there is one in Act 5 I think. But the rest is ALL recreation. Rather unheard of really. Although the show before mine, BARBARIANS, was similar...mainly recreations...but they had more stills.

And I cant' find the internet spots yet. I wanted to point out the cheese one...

Thanks Loren.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
November 19, 2007 12:36AM
OH...you can see a part of this show in my demo reel. The first 3 min...

www.shanerosseditor.com

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics