HD-DVD and BluRay Logo Font

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
HD-DVD and BluRay Logo Font
November 20, 2007 03:34PM
I'm looking for a font that contains the HD-DVD and BluRay logos...mostly HD-DVD because that's all I can make now.

Has anyone found one?

Thanks,
Casey Petersen
www.unitedvideoinc.com
Re: HD-DVD and BluRay Logo Font
November 20, 2007 04:42PM
A font?? If you want the logo, you can just google the logo.

andy
November 20, 2007 04:52PM
November 20, 2007 05:07PM
Yep, a font. I have the logo already, but I want to easily use it in QuarkXpress over a background image and I have a Discmakers font for the regular DVD logo, and it would be nice to have one that's in a font for the HDDVD logo.

Thanks,

Casey Petersen
www.unitedvideoinc.com
November 20, 2007 09:05PM
I'm thinking it's unlikely to exist as a font, since it's a custom designed logo, but you could try here
What The Font?

November 21, 2007 01:26AM
Won't Illustrator allow you to save a graphic as a font? Corel Draw used to and that's been a while ago. I also have Fontographer (for the PC) and that will export anything as a font family, but it's not simple to use or cheap.

You know they also warn you against making an impossibly complicated graphic into a font. There is a thing called "hinting" where special tools are used to keep your font from turning into garbage when it gets small. Hinting doesn't work with free-form graphics.

Doesn't the Blue-Ray logo have a color as part of the design? You can get Adobe Type 3 fonts to handle color, but it's not fun to make the font.

Koz
November 21, 2007 09:02AM
Thanks for your replies!

I think the better question at this point is...how can I take an image like the logo (with a white background) and print it with a transparent background in QuarkXPress 6.5? I have been a Quark user since 1992, and still don't really know how to address this issue. I have had trouble importing eps files in the past, and am not very well versed in Illustrator (I have version 5.0).

Thanks!
Casey Petersen
www.unitedvideoinc.com
November 21, 2007 12:17PM
bring the graphic into illustrator and autotrace it. then kill all the redundant paths
- bam, transparent graphic! - but it wont be perfect

or even better: anyone even reasonably we versed in illustrator could drop in that jpeg and just redraw the logo in about 20 min. its all just straight lines and basic curves...
November 21, 2007 01:03PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics