Problems with Compressor 3 and ProRes422 and with DVDSP and ProRes422

Posted by harry323 
Problems with Compressor 3 and ProRes422 and with DVDSP and ProRes422
November 23, 2007 05:49AM
I haven't yet dared to upgrade to Leopard, but I have installed all the FCS and ProApps recent updates.

I can't seem to get DVDSP to accept a Prores 23.98 1080p file ... it tells me that it's not supported.

When I import a ProRes422 23.98 1080p file into Compressor and ask it to compress using MPEG2 2 pass and Dolby, I hit SUBMIT and it then seems to do nothing and the batch monitor does nothing and tells me that it's unable to calculate the compression time. It doesn't freeze, it just sits there like and idiot. Or am I the idiot?

Should I upgrade to Leopard to get this thing to work? I had understood that DVDSP and Compressor latest versions were happy with ProRes files.

Any advice appreciated.

I'm on an 8 core with 4 megs Ram.

Harry.
Re: Problems with Compressor 3 and ProRes422 and with DVDSP and ProRes422
November 23, 2007 11:50AM
i def wouldn't go to Leopard to fix something like this, this is not Leopard related. It could very well be related to 6.0.2 tho i havent seen anything like that yet.

I would trash preferences, do a safe boot, and repair permissions, and then start up and try it again. That usually takes care of minor glitches for me.

If you cant get anything, there's always a re-install.

When you get Compressor working, give this a look, you can finally take advantage of your Octo..

[www.benscottproductions.com]
Re: Problems with Compressor 3 and ProRes422 and with DVDSP and ProRes422
November 23, 2007 12:54PM
Thanks for the reply - and special thanks for the cool link to the Q MAster information. That's terrific.

I'll do as you suggest.

Best

Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics