Compressor doesn't seem to be stopping!

Posted by strypes 
Compressor doesn't seem to be stopping!
November 28, 2007 12:05PM
This is weird.. I've compressor running in the background, i'm batch converting like 40 mins worth of NTSC footages to work in PAL, and i'm on 99% completion with 39 seconds. The footage looks good and it doesn't look like there's any artifacing so far... but... I've been on "39 secs" left for the past 3 hours... I think it's stalled.... Then again, i look at the logs... it's pretty long and it says something like this:

<mrk tms="217945919.841" tmt="11/28/2007 20:31:59.841" pid="171" kind="end" what="service-request" req-id="B748D64E-8DB4-421F-86C4-D01390B776A5:1" msg="Processing service request end."></mrk>
<mrk tms="217946027.481" tmt="11/28/2007 20:33:47.481" pid="171" what="service-request" req-id="B748D64E-8DB4-421F-86C4-D01390B776A5:1" msg="Error: unrecognized request."></mrk>
Re: Compressor doesn't seem to be stopping!
November 28, 2007 12:47PM
The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I had to force quit Compressor, then tried it again and it seemed OK. But then my Batch Monitor wouldn't show any activity until the processing was done. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

I thought the glitches might have something to do with upgrading to FCP 6.02, and the Final Cut Studio upgrades, which I did.
November 28, 2007 12:56PM
go into your finder and under the Go drop down select Go To Folder, cmd-shift-G, and enter this:
/var/spool/qmaster/

Then delete everything in that folder and empty your trash.

Then back in Compressor, under the Compressor drop down, hit Reset BackGround processing. This will give you a clean start with everything
November 28, 2007 01:21PM
> go into your finder and under the Go drop down
> select Go To Folder, cmd-shift-G, and enter this:
> /var/spool/qmaster/
>
> Then delete everything in that folder and empty
> your trash.
>
> Then back in Compressor, under the Compressor drop
> down, hit Reset BackGround processing. This will
> give you a clean start with everything

Thanks for the tip... i'll try that. Although i'm trying not to reset everything, as it took a day to convert (and i'm behind schedule). Thankfully the conversion seems to be completed... except that it's just not showing in compressor- i made a copy and a duplicate of the mov file (i wonder what's the difference) just to be sure before i turn off compressor. Man! Having a compressor error just looks silly at the end of converting a long clip.
November 28, 2007 01:26PM
Thanks for the reset tip, Scott E.
November 28, 2007 01:38PM
Alright, i ended the process. Thankfully i made copies of the mov file, coz the one that was generated by compressor went to hell! Guess i should reset compressor too, just to be safe.
November 30, 2007 05:14AM
lol... just tried to export an mpg2 via compressor and it just wasn't working... so i cleared that folder, and it seems to be working for now..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics