FCP 4 and earlier not supported in Leopard
November 29, 2007 07:15AM
From Apple:

[
docs.info.apple.com]

HarryD
Re: FCP 4 and earlier not supported in Leopard
November 29, 2007 09:30AM
fcp4 on leopard? thats like having an 8 track player in a lexus... - HA!
November 29, 2007 10:47AM
unfortunately not all of us can afford to upgrade everything at once....... i'm limping along with fcp 4.5 at the moment, just busking with a new act i'm perfecting with vegetables to earn enough to hop up to fcp5. This whole issue reminds me of windows xp and not running older programs.
I hope that apple isnt following down the pc route too much since the switch to intel chips..... that reminds me- chips! time for dinner.
November 29, 2007 12:23PM
That's not such a shock-- but we are going to have to gang up on Steve J about Apple-nesia. You should always be able to open a [main version number project] inside a [same main version number FCP], without regard to dot releases within [same main version number] and without XML dancing.

App-nesia can be a real Gotcha when transferring projects offline to online houses, or from one station or house to another. The short term memory loss is real kid stuff. Avid is way ahead in this realm. Stamp out App-Nesia!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Toggle Audio Scrub with Shift-S !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 30, 2007 07:27AM
No, It's not a shock . But having used FCP 3, 4, and 5.0.x, They are all viable products. If all you need is FCP 3 (which I liked a lot because of its simplicity), then you're orphaned by this move.

The thing that troubles me is: what's up with FCP 5.0.x? That looks to be unsupported as well, since the document cites no support for anything prior to FCP 5.1.x. Again, lots of us still use 5.0.4, which was a good, stable version.

I'm on 5.1.? on a MacPro so it doesn't affect me, but I was hoping for much more in terms of basic improvements rather than new features from Retard, er, Leopard. Barefeats listed speed comparisons between Tiger and Leopard, and for things like FCP et al, there's not such a great difference. Even the fast G5s compare well under Tiger. So a move to Leopard isn't worth it. The speed should be much faster on an Intel quad, but maybe this just reveals how un-fast that chip is, compared with the PPC. Heck, even mu Quicksilver 2002 dual 1GHz is still pumping along.

I really think that Leopard got put on the back burner in the hoopla over the iPhone. Hopefully future updates will improve.

Oh, well. My machine is stable and runs well. Tiger is fine.

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics