multicam

Posted by gene05 
multicam
November 30, 2007 08:07PM
I conformed clips from 29.97 to 23.98 to match the rest of the footage. I am not able to multicam footage with framrates that are not the same.

Is this still a problem to multicam these conformed clips? Because I have done a few and they are out of sync. The original 23.98 footage I have no problem to sync in multicam. When I used a conformed clip. Seems there is a problem falling out of sync.
Gene

Does anyone know the answer?
Re: multicam
November 30, 2007 09:51PM
Well, were the 29.97 clips MEANT to be 23.98? For example, were they 24P or 24PA clips? If not, then the conform is doing something to the clips that wasn't meant to be done, so yeah, audio will drift. Unless you convert the 29.97 clips with a high end converter, like a Terranex box (dubbing 29.97 to 23.98 at a post facility) you won't get good results.

PLANNING....you MUST plan for this stuff when you shoot. Don't mix frame rates...especially when trying to MULTICAM. If you plan on multicamming, then don't shoot different frame rates. Making 29.97 into 23.98 isn't a simple thing...as you noticed.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: multicam
December 01, 2007 02:30AM
Thanks for your response. The clips that I tried to multicam was shot on DVX-100 and one of the operators forgot to shoot 24pa and I have footage that I can't multicam because of the mixed frame rates.

I was trying the conforming to 23.98 but I saw it drifting in multicam. The whole clip would not remain in sync.

I have been doing it the old way. Syncing the timeline. Any other helpful information I would appreciate.
Eugene Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics