OT pictures on forum

Posted by jack nadelle 
OT pictures on forum
December 05, 2007 10:33AM
I got back from vacation last month and saw for the first time the pictures of the moderators attached to their posts. I was kind of shocked! It's like seeing your favorite radio personality for the first time on television. The faces didn't match my imagination. Ben King in my mind must look like a robust Ghandi. Grafixjoe I imagined as much more gruff looking. Derek and Shane are so young!!
I've adjusted now but overall everyone looks much younger than I thought (maybe I'm just not use to how old I am!)
Jack
Re: OT pictures on forum
December 05, 2007 11:05AM
> Ben King in my mind must look like a robust Ghandi. Grafixjoe I imagined as much more gruff
> looking.

That cracked me up. You were linking Ben King with Ben Kingsley in your head! Now if we could only convince our great Aussie contingency (Jude and Nick) to put their pictures up.

www.derekmok.com
December 05, 2007 11:08AM
Hahaha thanks Jack!

I'm not that young! 32 and got a few grey hairs from answering LAFCPUG posts!

I just have a good complexion and excellent photoshop skills tongue sticking out smiley

I'll have to do my "Robust Ghandi" for the next fancy dress party I go to and add it to my LAFCPUG Tag!

We're still waiting on Michael to do his quote and pop his tag on, but then you'll already know what our Mike looks like no doubt!

Any photos of yourself you want to share?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 05, 2007 11:21AM
> I just have a good complexion and excellent photoshop skills

And a side career as a GQ model smileys with beer

www.derekmok.com
December 05, 2007 11:55AM
Thanks, Jack...I'll take "gruff". Not as good as "Ghandi"...but hey. Ben's a nice guy who helps a lot of people. I'm more like a walk-on that get's killed on The Soprano's.

You left out Shane...what did you think he would look like?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 05, 2007 12:04PM
Shane Ross, of course, I saw as a western movie hero, a loner with a heart of gold.
Jack
December 05, 2007 12:18PM
I saw Shane that way too. Still can't help but call him Shaaaaaaaaaaane!

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 05, 2007 12:28PM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm more like a walk-on that get's killed on The Soprano's.

"Forget about it.."cool smiley
December 05, 2007 12:51PM
Proper terminology is "fugedaboudit" smoking smiley

December 05, 2007 03:35PM
Western Hero...Heee. Well, funny thing is, I am from Montana. And I am older than Ben. I have a LOT of grey hair...hidden in my curls. Not as grey as Joe's though...

But before I saw the pics, I had different ideas of what people looked like too. At least with Michael, you can watch a couple recent Star Trek movies and see him in action. Joe is a bit older than I expected. Derek...well...I didn't picture him as Asian...dunno why. Ben I pictured as older than me.

And Jude...only a few pics of her exist...and not many have seen them.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 05, 2007 04:35PM

Joe is a bit older than I expected.

Hey...44 is the new 30. Age is just a number. Those gray streaks are experience stripes winking smiley

My original "mindpics" of some of the staff (stressing ORIGINAL):

Ben:
tall / skinny (not eating very much because of all the time spent on his computer) with very thick glasses.

Jude:
totally thought she was a guy for over a year. She straightened me out one time...boy did I feel stupid.

Mike Norton:
pictured him looking like a loveable Ralph Malph with a beer belly (from Happy Days - IMDB - look it up).

Shane:
thought he was a blonde surfer-type dude that wears some kind of conference lanyard every second of everyday.

D-Mok:
thought his name was a "forum name" (made up). Thought he was an Englishman at first and not of the Asian persuasion.

December 05, 2007 05:18PM
I thought Jude was a guy too...all cause of John Lennon's kid I suppose.

And I am a dude. i wear a LOT of tye dye when I am not conferencing.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 06, 2007 01:11AM
>>Now if we could only convince our great Aussie contingency (Jude and Nick) to put their pictures up.<<

It's a little known fact that Aussies don't show up on film. A bit like the whole vampires and mirrors thing.

Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, Geoffrey Rush? Pancake. Lots and lots of makeup. Without it, all you see is girls swooning in the background. Or telephones being flung about.

December 06, 2007 01:36AM
And Aussies are real pale and fade into the white background of this forum.

Come to think of it, their pictures are up. You just cant see them until 10 beers into squinting.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 06, 2007 05:27AM
Classic. There are other Aussies here you know smiling smiley Maybe not with the regularity and knowledge of Jude and Nick.

And I never for a second considered Jude was a guy - weird that I wouldn't I guess!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics